Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As an interesting project we did record the color spectrum changes to see what colors of the spectrum fade as the eclipse progresses. Part of a program I set up so people could understand how variations in lighting can have a big impact on colors with the move from fluorescent lighting to LED.

What changes under LED lights. I am going LED everywhere as funds are available. Not noticed any diff. in anything.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I noticed the color of the light was differen

The red end of the spectrum fades first but much of the rest is retained, not as bad as CWF lighting though. What you saw was like replacing the sun with an LED. The light has a colder whiter look.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What changes under LED lights. I am going LED everywhere as funds are available. Not noticed any diff. in anything.

LED bulbs vary all over the map, but they all have less red and orange than sunlight. Cool White Fluorescent, the indoor standard for years, has very narrow color distribution mostly in yellow green.

When the Charger is at a sunny show people ask me about the paint, the trick there was me adding a chemical that takes UV radiation that you can't see, shifts the frequency down and then radiates it as an intense blue. The color looks unreal intense, but it's a diminishing asset so the car stays covered up.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I assume 30 is still one lane there before town?

Yes, it is.

I wasn't sure what people were expecting, one guy said that he had heard animals go crazy during an eclipse.:dunno:

A guy told me the deer came out of his woods into the yard...

Mine come out of the woods into the yard multiple times a day. LOL I wasn't thinking though...should have set the new trail cam on the time lapse setting for today. I haven't used that yet, but that might have been cool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LED bulbs vary all over the map, but they all have less red and orange than sunlight. Cool White Fluorescent, the indoor standard for years, has very narrow color distribution mostly in yellow green.

When the Charger is at a sunny show people ask me about the paint, the trick there was me adding a chemical that takes UV radiation that you can't see, shifts the frequency down and then radiates it as an intense blue. The color looks unreal intense, but it's a diminishing asset so the car stays covered up.

You darn Chem. engineers.....:lmfao:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    As an interesting project we did record the color spectrum changes to see what colors of the spectrum fade as the eclipse progresses. Part of a program I set up so people could understand how variations in lighting can have a big impact on colors with the move from fluorescent lighting to LED.

I was watching it in between the clouds that were present. As the eclipse was behind a thick rain cloud, there was an impressive light show in the thinner clouds preceding an opening. I could only see it through polarized lenses. Lots of red, blue, and purple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom