Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Oh, no. Is she okay?
    Yes, thanks. She fell a couple of days ago and landed on her knees (both are artificial joints). We iced them down at the time, but yesterday her calves and ankles started really swelling and turning red. We were afraid it was poor circulation related to the fall, but the doc seemed to think it was just normal edema. I agree, but it was good to get her checked out.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes, thanks. She fell a couple of days ago and landed on her knees (both are artificial joints). We iced them down at the time, but yesterday her calves and ankles started really swelling and turning red. We were afraid it was poor circulation related to the fall, but the doc seemed to think it was just normal edema. I agree, but it was good to get her checked out.

Poor thing, I hope she recovers quickly.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Poor thing, I hope she recovers quickly.

Thanks. We've been lucky that most of her falls haven't been serious (except the one in December). I think she needs to start using a walker in the house, but she's stubborn. And there are two steps between the north end of the house and the south. I may need to try to find a way to build a ramp, but it would have to be a very gradual one, which would take up a lot of space.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks. We've been lucky that most of her falls haven't been serious (except the one in December). I think she needs to start using a walker in the house, but she's stubborn. And there are two steps between the north end of the house and the south. I may need to try to find a way to build a ramp, but it would have to be a very gradual one, which would take up a lot of space.
    My mom is approaching that stage. She is very independent and unwilling to adjust to what time does to us all. Not sure how that will work out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My mom is approaching that stage. She is very independent and unwilling to adjust to what time does to us all. Not sure how that will work out.

Yep. She's not bad enough to go to a nursing home, but it's getting to the point where she's not good enough to be left by herself. I may have to explore the "in between" options sooner than later.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yep. She's not bad enough to go to a nursing home, but it's getting to the point where she's not good enough to be left by herself. I may have to explore the "in between" options sooner than later.
    That is a tough time Snap. I've been there, all my best.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I think I will go with these grips:

61i2Watz2EL__SX522__zps9me98m3h.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter