• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Of course the water dispenser on the new fridge isn't working. I'm hoping it's an installation issue and not a problem with the unit.

i hope I don't have the Samsung issues you had CM.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of course the water dispenser on the new fridge isn't working. I'm hoping it's an installation issue and not a problem with the unit.

i hope I don't have the Samsung issues you had CM.

Mine started with the water dispenser. 3 months after we bought it the solenoid would rattle loudly when the ice tray was filling or drawing water from the tap.
    I rolled the dice and changed the filter and that fixed that issue. There were other issues.

Is the ice tray filling up...???

If not check the supply water.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Mine started with the water dispenser. 3 months after we bought it the solenoid would rattle loudly when the ice tray was filling or drawing water from the tap.
    I rolled the dice and changed the filter and that fixed that issue. There were other issues.

Is the ice tray filling up...???

If not check the supply water.

No ice. I checked the water supply multiple times and made sure the valve was open. Tried it in both positions and let it run for 5 minutes with no water coming out. Samsung thinks it's an installation issue. There is some water in the filter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would loosen the water fitting on the back of the unit just a smidge and see if there is water there. Look for a kink in the tubing.
    My daughter pulled her fridge out to clean a while back and rolled it up on the water supply hose. She called me (right next door.....:)) and it only took a second to figure out.
    Just throwing this out there.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I would loosen the water fitting on the back of the unit just a smidge and see if there is water there. Look for a kink in the tubing.
    My daughter pulled her fridge out to clean a while back and rolled it up on the water supply hose. She called me (right next door.....:)) and it only took a second to figure out.
    Just throwing this out there.

I saw no visible kinks or issues with the tubing. Samsung said a water connection coupler was not installed/connected properly.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Installer should have verified proper function before they left. I'm pissed that they didn't and that the wife didn't check it. I was at work at the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a compression nut on the line that attaches the supply line to the fridge either directly or coupled to a line coming from the fridge. Shut off the water.
    Use the proper wrenches to remove this connection. Have someone hold the line in a container to catch the water. Turn on the water very slowly so as not to blast it out of the hose. If you get water there it is in the fridge.
    Easier than it sounds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom