• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    years ago I was at Dimmits to get a rear axle. A yard worker told me to get in the truck, an old beater with no bed or doors and a seat that rocked back and forth. We came to part of the lane where it was blocked with a car. He told me to hang on. He rammed it and pushed it out of the way. :D When we found the car with the axle he pushed it up against another car so that it was tipped on its side, sort of. He cut the axle out and off we went. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Junk yards aren't the deal they used to be. I guess someone has to pay for the regulations that they have to follow.

You have no idea how hard this has hit the salvage yard industry. That said......with a zillion gallons of auto based fluids just being dumped on the ground it ias also a good thing they have been reined in. I remember when the roads down the isles at wrecks and Zores were black from oil.
    Zores removed 5 feet from the junk yard and replaced it with construction fill. The ground is more stable now and the rows are cleaner.
    The cars go on a stand and all the fluids are "Pulled" and segregated. The oils/trans fluids are used in the oil burners to heat the many buildings and the anti-freeze is EPA regulated.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You have no idea how hard this has hit the salvage yard industry. That said......with a zillion gallons of auto based fluids just being dumped on the ground it ias also a good thing they have been reined in. I remember when the roads down the isles at wrecks and Zores were black from oil.
    Zores removed 5 feet from the junk yard and replaced it with construction fill. The ground is more stable now and the rows are cleaner.
    The cars go on a stand and all the fluids are "Pulled" and segregated. The oils/trans fluids are used in the oil burners to heat the many buildings and the anti-freeze is EPA regulated.

don't get me wrong, I think its a good thing they were mandated to clean it up.

In my teens I used to live at junk yards. I just liked going there. A lot of times I wouldn't even need anything but they would let me wander around. Always a good hike :D

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    don't get me wrong, I think its a good thing they were mandated to clean it up.

In my teens I used to live at junk yards. I just liked going there. A lot of times I wouldn't even need anything but they would let me wander around. Always a good hike :D

:+1: Yep, gone is the day when you would ask for something and they would just send you out alone and point in a general direction where to find it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom