• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    took me about 5 minutes to get the car started this morning. Dropped it off, and just got back from picking it up. Temp gauge is working and it is blowing much warmer air. now I hope it fixes the starting issue as well.
    He also changed my headlight and didn't charge me for it. (I already had the bulb, was just to cold to change it outside)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Why did it take so long to start your car?? Are you having battery problems again??

oh no

Monday I took it in and had the valve cover gaskets and a few other things fixed. In the process of doing that a wire came loose to the temp sensor. The line of thought is, since it couldn't tell the temp of the engine, it wouldn't start. I don't know, just what I am told. He got the wire hooked back up, temp gauge reads a temp now and it is blowing hot air, was just warm yesterday. When I go to work later I'll know if this was it. It starts fine when it's warm, just not when it's cold. It isn't battery, acted like it was starving for fuel

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    mine runs 15 minutes. I can set it to start every 4 hours or something like that.

mine runs for 10 minutes. Can't set it to restart, that has to be done manually. Which I do in the mornings. I hear the remote play the tone that it turned off, I grab it and start it again

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    and they just started it back up. this is just weird.

oh no

Monday I took it in and had the valve cover gaskets and a few other things fixed. In the process of doing that a wire came loose to the temp sensor. The line of thought is, since it couldn't tell the temp of the engine, it wouldn't start. I don't know, just what I am told. He got the wire hooked back up, temp gauge reads a temp now and it is blowing hot air, was just warm yesterday. When I go to work later I'll know if this was it. It starts fine when it's warm, just not when it's cold. It isn't battery, acted like it was starving for fuel
    Could be that wire caused the problems. Wrong info to the computer can cause all kinds of problems. But who really knows :dunno: :D

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    mine runs for 10 minutes. Can't set it to restart, that has to be done manually. Which I do in the mornings. I hear the remote play the tone that it turned off, I grab it and start it again

I think mine is programmable for 5, 10 and 15 minute runtimes. There is a lot it can do but I don't mess with it. I might break something

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Could be that wire caused the problems. Wrong info to the computer can cause all kinds of problems. But who really knows :dunno: :D

exactly. So I have to wait for it to get cold again, which I am sure won't be long today, and I'll know if that was the issue. I have confidence that it is that. Thank God for the good battery or I wouldn't have been able to start it. It never sounded like the battery was getting tired the whole time I was starting it this morning

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom