• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    **** that ****! I'm fine with the work for now. The amount we've paid in rent over the years could have paid off 2 houses... And we have zilch to show for it.
    I'm just the opposite. I paid $250,00 on a house that I'm about to take a $50,000 lose on. Not including all the money in law care, pool maintained, upgrades I've done for the past 10 years. For now on I'll just call someone to change my light bulbs and fix my leaky faucet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I see where you are coming from.
    We are dumping another 15K into the house. This will finish it off for my impending retirement.....when ever that happens.....:):
    Our place was built in the 50's... I am waiting on it to come back in style instead of remodeling....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm just the opposite. I paid $250,00 on a house that I'm about to take a $50,000 lose on. Not including all the money in law care, pool maintained, upgrades I've done for the past 10 years. For now on I'll just call someone to change my light bulbs and fix my leaky faucet.

I'm only 23. Perhaps I'll revert back to renting one day.

Lol, we could have bought 2 of MY houses by now... which is a little shy of $250k :faint:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    1958 was build date on our houses.
    We have built out from 1000 Sq. Ft to right at 1700. Now we need a roof, some new siding and a furnace......Ugh.
    It never ends!! Morning CM!
    I'm only 23. Perhaps I'll revert back to renting one day.

Lol, we could have bought 2 of MY houses by now... which is a little shy of $250k :faint:
    We should of bought a smaller home. It's in a great neighborhood. But people are either looking for starter homes or houses to flip. I just want it gone at this point. With my rent here and my mortgage and lights and gas I've been paying $5,300 a month!! That could buy a lot of guns!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    1958 was build date on our houses.
    We have built out from 1000 Sq. Ft to right at 1700. Now we need a roof, some new siding and a furnace......Ugh.
    Our is about 1500 sq ft, brick ranch with full basement. It was kind of tight when the kids were young. Now it is plenty big except the 2 days a year when everyone shows up here at the same time. That's okay. The only thing is it only has a 1 car garage. So I wish I had a 2-3 car detached garage.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    picked this up last night...:rockwoot:

2nhn50j.jpg
    looks to be in great shape!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We put a new roof on last year. New furnace and a/c was almost 10 years ago now i think. then the guts of the a/c had to be replaced a few years ago (glad we chose the extended warranty instead of free financing when we bought it). I can't figure out our hot water heater. That maybe is still going great and looks great but is over 30 years old.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our is about 1500 sq ft, brick ranch with full basement. It was kind of tight when the kids were young. Now it is plenty big except the 2 days a year when everyone shows up here at the same time. That's okay. The only thing is it only has a 1 car garage. So I wish I had a 2-3 car detached garage.

When our house went through expansion we took it from 3 Bedrooms down to 2. We expanded on the 2 and added huge closets. The living room went out 12' and the ceiling was vaulted. The back got a 10' extension that is a combo laundry mud room and it attaches to the old detached garage which is now a family room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom