Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Can you put in for a stamp before you acquire the weapon?

I suppose you can.
    The stamp is not affixed to a specific gun to my knowledge.

No, you have to have the lower engraved.

See above...

Edit: you must engrave the lower on a form 1, and it is most certainly affixed to that specific firearm.

yep a stamp is required for each item. And if you manufavture the NFA item yourself (form 1) you must get the (SBR, sbs, silencer tube,) engraved with your name (or trust name) city and state before the stamp comes back. You cannot manufacture an item or any part of the NFA item (baffles) until your stamp is approved. Even owning a unmated lower with a stock on it and a short (less than 16" barrel) upper can be considered constructive intent by the ATF.
    They have even went after people who's guns had parts (malfunction) broke and became full auto, by no fault of the owner. They don't play games. Just putting the info out there. Do what you wish with it.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

We made the list at number 7! Technically, I do not have Knox address but live less than 7 miles from there and in the Knox school district.

Getting ready to go make supper, but had to catch up here first while I thawed out some ribeye steaks. I got home late from shopping and taking the neighbor out and about. I do believe I am done with my Christmas shopping now. I guess I will have to start baking cookies soon.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Can you put in for a stamp before you acquire the weapon?

I suppose you can.
    The stamp is not affixed to a specific gun to my knowledge.

ditto
    I would love to make my MPX a SBR and put a suppressor. But I hate to buy 2 stamps and get that involved with the ATF.
    if you don't care about taking the suppressor on and off and if it's long enough when attached to the barrel to equal 16", you can permanently attach it to the barrel via ATF approved methods (blind pin and weld, silver solder) and then you'd only have to pay one stamp for the suppressor.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We made the list at number 7! Technically, I do not have Knox address but live less than 7 miles from there and in the Knox school district.

Getting ready to go make supper, but had to catch up here first while I thawed out some ribeye steaks. I got home late from shopping and taking the neighbor out and about. I do believe I am done with my Christmas shopping now. I guess I will have to start baking cookies soon.

I am disappointed the knox isn't ranked higher.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom