The Official Status Update Thread: Part 141 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Up to you, but when I was in your situation I didn't have that much money to spare. It's a PITA, but a corded drill would give you consistent torque to drive screws and you can find them for about $10 at flea markets.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :twocents: :oldwise:When you buy a house, never spend more money than you have to on anything, because there will always be unexpected expenses that will sneak up and bite you in the ass.

That being said, the driver sounds like a good investment. I tend to settle for the less-than-ideal to save money, sometimes to a fault.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    :twocents: :oldwise:When you buy a house, never spend more money than you have to on anything, because there will always be unexpected expenses that will sneak up and bite you in the ass.

That being said, the driver sounds like a good investment. I tend to settle for the less-than-ideal to save money, sometimes to a fault.
    Mornn SnappyD - I totally understand your reasoning - I have learned to buy once cry once and has seemed to work for me....so far:)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Up to you, but when I was in your situation I didn't have that much money to spare. It's a PITA, but a corded drill would give you consistent torque to drive screws and you can find them for about $10 at flea markets.

I have both a 3/8" and 1/2" corded drill. Specifically looking for cordless options since the breakers will be turned off while we hang drywall. Don't really want to mess with extension cords strung from other rooms. We're saving a ton of money by doing stuff ourselves, so I'm ok investing some of that money in tools I'll use for future projects as well.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have both a 3/8" and 1/2" corded drill. Specifically looking for cordless options since the breakers will be turned off while we hang drywall. Don't really want to mess with extension cords strung from other rooms. We're saving a ton of money by doing stuff ourselves, so I'm ok investing some of that money in tools I'll use for future projects as well.

Yep, sounds like a plan.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I moved out and bought my first house *cough*11yearsago*cough* I had no furniture, and the selection of used furniture at Goodwill was crap. I bought new living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture at a really good price and got a 'one year same as cash' deal. Then I found out that the main drain line had to be replaced and the foundation had to be repaired, and suddenly I couldn't cover my gas/electricity bill. It's the only time I have been late on payments. NIPSCO worked with me and let me pay $100 a month through the winter (instead of $300) and I caught up by that summer.

In hindsight, I would have made do with used or no furniture until I got on my feet. Live and learn.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Milwaukee.....Best drills I have ever owned and I have owned them all.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Took a trailer to a welder to be worked on and I'll be damned if I didn't forget the brackets I wanted welded on. :facepalm:

At least I didn't forget the trailer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom