Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Gee I never made the connection Mr. Obvious?:D

:rofl:Sometimes I keel myself!

over1000.jpg

(Insert epic return zing here)

I'm too tired...:coffee: Thats the closest to a tired smiley I could find...

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    What do you do?
    I do all kinds of stuff. Currently I'm a machinist. At my old job I was a maintenance tech, part-time (basically a millwright), and moved to a full-time, heat treat operator position within in the company. I have two years of an engineering degree finished, but I was horrible at time management. So, I transferred back to the Fort Wayne area and took some random IT-type classes. Then, I got the full-time position and planned to save up to take more classes and take advantage of the tuition reimbursement my employer offered. I was laid off, along with 16 other people, 6 months after starting FT.

If I would have buckled down and got my :poop: together I would have graduated with a BSME by now :n00b:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll be seeing it soon.

Let us know what you think

What kind of dog is Woodrow? Depending on the breed/size, the age varies...7 is just the average.

He's a Australian Cattle dog (on the left below:D) with what looks like a touch of chow in him(purplish spots on tongue and hair around but is just like my mom and sister's Chow Chow's.

ACD's vary 12-14 years. BC's if they are healthy and remain active can go up to 16. it will be a sad day when it happens, and my wife hates me mentioning backup plans to acquire another dog if one passes to prevent grieving by the other.

My wife found him abandoned on a desolate country road outside of Plainfield because of road construction and had to detour cause of a accident. He was many at best 3 months old, no collar, severely dehydrated (middle of August and had not rained for 3 weeks) and looked to have been beaten and kicked around.

We tried for a week to find someone who knew him but decided to keep him when Miss Ellie below seen him for the first time after 7 days and it was love at first site. We call them Two peas in a pods like Forest and Jenney. He was actually a godsend to us because Ellie was a wild child BC that was going nuts at home by herself and cooped up. (we call it BC syndrome) because she really is an active dog and would love to heard if she has a chance, so she just stalks him in the yard!

P1260086-1.jpg

That's how my 14 year old GSD puppy was...Sometimes he was completely alert and aware of his surroundings and sometimes he'd just have his blank stare in his eyes and you knew there wasn't much activity going on up there.

When he was younger he was really a follower, but as he has gotten older he is coming into his own.
    Our first 2 dogs was a whippet terrier mixed that lived 14 years and suffered and stroke in my arms at the vet, and my Maltese lived to be 16 and may have lived longer if she had not developed as tooth infection and we knew she would not survive the surgery because we almost lost her 2 years earlier from teeth cleaning, plus she had arthritis in her lower back and knee and was on a decent painkiller for it, so I had to weigh my love for her, or her continued pain. It was a real tough heartbreaking call.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Let us know what you think

Will do.

ACD's vary 12-14 years. BC's if they are healthy and remain active can go up to 16. it will be a sad day when it happens, and my wife hates me mentioning backup plans to acquire another dog if one passes to prevent grieving by the other.

I can't blame her, it's tough even thinking about it.

P1260086-1.jpg

Pretty dogs.:yesway:

When he was younger he was really a follower, but as he has gotten older he is coming into his own.
    Our first 2 dogs was a whippet terrier mixed that lived 14 years and suffered and stroke in my arms at the vet, and my Maltese lived to be 16 and may have lived longer if she had not developed as tooth infection and we knew she would not survive the surgery because we almost lost her 2 years earlier from teeth cleaning, plus she had arthritis in her lower back and knee and was on a decent painkiller for it, so I had to weigh my love for her, or her continued pain. It was a real tough heartbreaking call.

I'm sure you already know, but my GSD(Zeus) died last week and I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am he left us on his own time...There was a close call 4 days before he passed and my brain was spinning, trying to figure out what to do.

Sorry for your loss(es). I don't think that anyone could understand the pain someone goes through when losing a dog(best friend), unless you have experienced the unconditional love a dog can offer...It probably seems trivial when someone mourns the death.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can't blame her, it's tough even thinking about it.
    Yes it is, I'm just trying to prepare her for the inevitable to help soften the blow somewhat.

Pretty dogs.:yesway:
    Thank you, pic is 4 years old and he's little lighter tanned and she's getting more gray throughout the snout and rear haunches.

I'm sure you already know, but my GSD(Zeus) died last week and I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am he left us on his own time...There was a close call 4 days before he passed and my brain was spinning, trying to figure out what to do.

Sorry for your loss(es). I don't think that anyone could understand the pain someone goes through when losing a dog(best friend), unless you have experienced the unconditional love a dog can offer...It probably seems trivial when someone mourns the death.

Yes I remember your post about loosing Zeus, losing any pet is rough when they have been around for a great length of time. Non pet people do not realize the bond that humans and dogs obtain throughout the relationship.

People look at like we are nuts when we refer to them as the "Kids or Children" but since we do not have children they are in fact our kids through our eyes. We love them, scold them, praise them, take pride in them just like a regular parent, they provide us with affection, love and protection, either by barking, growling or hair standing up on their backs.

I think a lot of people need to experience walking in the door to be greeted with barks and tail waging joy whether it was just 5 minutes or 8 hours ago that you walked out the door, they greet you with that excitement every time, and I LOVE IT!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Man ya got that right!!:D

Good kinda busy but good!! how was your's ? did you finally get some sleep?:)

Finally. Went to bed at 9pm. Just woke up.

Found out my Boss's little weasly son had GPS tracking devices installed in our vans.
    What a waste of money. He must have some serious trust issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom