• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I can't agree with a new law, but I'm not going to worry about someone hitting me or someone else when their call gets dropped. Just one more person who'll wake up and realize that texting or talking and driving is STUPID. Let them hit me. I'll sue them so fast their insurance will be paying me for a whole new truck! :D

I just want people to get their heads out their ass and freaking DRIVE! 20 in a 40 is NOT acceptable, swerving all over the road is NOT acceptable, and cutting people off because you're phone is glued to your face is NOT acceptable. I will make it a point to test your reaction time if you engage in this driving behavior around me. ;)

Your blog, if I'm not wrong, reviews and considers texting. That shouldn't be done while driving either. However, I see a lot less people texting than I do talking and that was the topic of my rant.

Both are inherently distracting, therefore dangerous and should be avoided.

end thread jack...sorry my PW buddies

re-threadjack....sorry my PW buddies ;)

SE, let's just hope you're still alive after you get hit by one of those b-holes! I often think that same way - "Hit me! I dare ya! I'll just sue you and you'll end up paying for it." - but then I remember how sometimes even "minor" accidents can kill people. I hope you only get involved in one so minor as to only damage the car and allow you to educate the person!

LED, ypu're right; that one was explicitly about texting, but my premise (points 2 and 3 on the blog) still applies to it. As SE pointed out, there are many things which indicate distracted driving: going slow, swerving, etc. I think those it'd be better to focus laws on that than on whatever you're doing in the car, whether it be talking, texting, music-ing, or gettin' some. I just think it'd be more efficient as far as enforceability without violating rights AND actually making an improvement in road safety.

Okay... un-re-threadjack.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Oh and I stopped by the gun shop today and well I bought this!! don't hate on me now!! :D

SWMP9c.jpg
    :yesway:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've had a very enjoyable evening sitting out on the patio watching the thunderstorm come up on us, rain on us, and then pass on by. Nice cool breeze, but not strong enough to spray me with the rainfall, and still some lightning flashing off in the distance.

Oh, and let's not forget the nice convo with the aforementioned girl next door :yesway:

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I've had a very enjoyable evening sitting out on the patio watching the thunderstorm come up on us, rain on us, and then pass on by. Nice cool breeze, but not strong enough to spray me with the rainfall, and still some lightning flashing off in the distance.

Oh, and let's not forget the nice convo with the aforementioned girl next door :yesway:
    :rockwoot:Atta boy!

I love sitting watching storms roll in like that.

Take all the windows out of the Jeep, find some nice hill out of the way with a good clearing to watch it come in, then have a fun drive back with no windows during a storm!

Me and Joe share something special... :grabass:
    :n00b: hummm... Ah nevermind, no real surprise there.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Actually....now that I've reread the ad....there really isn't anything there that I want...other than maybe a J-25, to go along with my J-22. I'm going for the whole set! ha ha

What's a .250/4000??

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    That sounds awesome. I can't wait until I get a Jeep someday!
    You bet!
    I didn't even have a proper soft-top for my last Jeep, the one I drove through high-school. I used what was called a bikini top, a small top from the windshield to the rollbar that was tied off at the back, from April to November. :D That was fun... Granted, not very practical, but I didn't care then.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom