• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Got my mag extenstion for my shogtun. now I need decide on what sight I want for it. not sure if I want a ghost ring sight or just meprolight bead sight.:dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Ghost ring!!!!!!!!

Thats what Im thinking as well...problem is I'll have to get my reciever drilled for the rear sight. the front sight is $100+ by itself so once its all said in done Ill have like $200 just in the sights..I could get a decent red dot for that. I should look around and see if anyone makes a less expensive sight.
    the nite site bead is around $50...or I can go tru-glo for $35 :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm very close to taking all my wireless networking components out to the Country and blasting away at them with my SKS. I couldn't keep connected most yesterday at all. I finally fiddled with some settings this afternoon and now, it's kinda working. Barely. :xmad:

I gotta get the router and DSL box moved down here. This wireless crap is NOT for me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I'm very close to taking all my wireless networking components out to the Country and blasting away at them with my SKS. I couldn't keep connected most yesterday at all. I finally fiddled with some settings this afternoon and now, it's kinda working. Barely. :xmad:

I gotta get the router and DSL box moved down here. This wireless crap is NOT for me.

G or N?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

After years of using various wireless routers of the "el cheapo" variety (you know.. $20.. $30... $50-60... Netgear, Linksys, D-Link... those kinds), I finally went out and got me a nice Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station. Best decision I ever made when it came to wireless routers. Used to always need to reboot those cheap routers because they'd freeze up or just drop my connection, but the AirPort Extreme.. just.. works. Bonus: they are also 802.11n. And I can actually broadcast two distinct wireless networks simultaneously (so I can have my own be password protected and another be open for guests). Expensive, yes, but in my book, it was definitely worth it because of all the frustration it rid me.

ETA - linkylink: Apple - AirPort Extreme - Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi base station

ETA2 - you can save some money by buying from the refurb section... that's actually what I did. But they don't always have any in stock, so you may have to watch it for a while.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Both. My main system is N and the wife's laptop is G. :rolleyes: It was suppose to be N, but Dell sent the wrong part. :xmad: Just found out last night. Only had the laptop 2 months.

After years of using various wireless routers of the "el cheapo" variety (you know.. $20.. $30... $50-60... Netgear, Linksys, D-Link... those kinds), I finally went out and got me a nice Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station. Best decision I ever made when it came to wireless routers. Used to always need to reboot those cheap routers because they'd freeze up or just drop my connection, but the AirPort Extreme.. just.. works. Bonus: they are also 802.11n. And I can actually broadcast two distinct wireless networks simultaneously (so I can have my own be password protected and another be open for guests). Expensive, yes, but in my book, it was definitely worth it because of all the frustration it rid me.

ETA - linkylink: Apple - AirPort Extreme - Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi base station

ETA2 - you can save some money by buying from the refurb section... that's actually what I did. But they don't always have any in stock, so you may have to watch it for a while.

Well, unfortunately, I'm never going to have that kinda dough to shell out anytime soon. :dunno: Would be nice though. I just want to get this crap to work. Got the DLink Router, and a DLink Extreme PCIe card. With extended antenna and high gain antenna. Get a good signal, rate is running at 300mbs, but it takes 2 tries to load a page and takes 5 minutes to load it. :xmad: Even my wife is having issues, but not as bad. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't hold back tell us how you really feel!! :D

It's just one of those days I guess. I can usually fix a computer of someone else, but GDIT, I can't fix my own. :xmad: How's that work? Oh well. Another week and I won't be messing with wireless anymore so it's all good. :D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh well. Another week and I won't be messing with wireless anymore so it's all good. :D

Why's that? Gonna just break down and get a reeaalllllyyy long CAT5?

You think I'm just being funny, but I've seen it done!

If you do end up just taking your wifi crap out back and blasting it with the SKS, be sure to invite us over to watch/help! I don't think I've shot my SKS since the last SKS shoot, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind the exercise.

On a related note... I'm sooooo close to finishing up my degree. I'm thinking about finding some place I can take my textbooks and shoot the pages out of em! Only problem is that my normal range down here in the Terrible Hole explicitly has a rule that says "No textbooks".

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Only problem is that my normal range down here in the Terrible Hole explicitly has a rule that says "No textbooks".[/quote]

That bad huh?

Damn, a lot of frustrated College grads huh!?

Shooting book is not a good thing, they should be saved so if and when you have kids you can show them and say "You think you've got it bad, this is what I had when I was in school" :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom