• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    It's still for sale.....that's been over 2 years ago.
    Actually, it's up for auction....
    I went over and walked the property, it had just been timbered. They cut every tree over 12" and ran into, skinned or broke the top out of everything else. There is about a 20 acre field on top of the hill. The rest of it is so steep you can't hardly walk up and down it. Not worth the trouble it'd take to clean it up... I'd be afraid to take my tractor on it.
    I might go to the auction, just to see what it goes for...
    If you buy it let me know......so I can hunt on it!!!!:laugh:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Oh damn, I just looked at the date of that thread...How long does it take to build a knife(I mean, from him of course)?

I've always liked knives(go figure), but I've never been a knife connoisseur...

I know custom builds are always sweet, because you can get exactly what you want, but do you have any idea what the durability will be compared to, say, a K-Bar or Sog Seal?

I'm asking for a comparison from those, because I have both of those styles and I got them on ebay for around $50-60 each and they are both badass for what they are used for(mainly camping duty).
    There's a site where a guy tries to make a knife fail........Knife test or something like that. The Ka bar didn't last long. (I have one as well). I had cubby build a knife built to hunt/camp with. The Schrade/Walden it is replacing I've had since I was 9 or 10 yrs. old.
    Cubby has a lifetime warranty on his knives......He builds them to take abuse.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    If they give it away I might take it.

They've cut back hours at work, cut out OT, taken our On Call in the ER away (that was $50 just to sign up, not counting "surprise pay" if you got called in. Made close to $50/hr on those nights). Things is TIGHT! Maybe I should post our car that is for sale on here....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    It's still for sale.....that's been over 2 years ago.
    Actually, it's up for auction....
    I went over and walked the property, it had just been timbered. They cut every tree over 12" and ran into, skinned or broke the top out of everything else. There is about a 20 acre field on top of the hill. The rest of it is so steep you can't hardly walk up and down it. Not worth the trouble it'd take to clean it up... I'd be afraid to take my tractor on it.
    I might go to the auction, just to see what it goes for...

This is enraging to me.

We're poisoning our land, food supply, and pollinators of our food.

When the bees die, we die.

And Monsanto is doing their level best to make sure of that fact.

Our corn will not reproduce on its own. Farmers must use hybrid seeds from Monsanto. Period.

We're just playing out the string, now.

Pre-emptively chopping down all vegetation just because the potential buyer MIGHT not want trees on it?

I'm not a tree-hugging hippie, but there should be a sensible rationale for something like that, and gathering up some foliage from a wooded lot for no good reason enrages and infuriates me to a degree which I find inexpressable.

To be a good steward of our environment doesn't mean placing it above ourselves - it's acknowledging that without it, DuPont and Monsanto would long ago have us poisoned to death on their fumes alone, much less the hundreds, thousands even, of other companies doing the same.

When the bees die, we die.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just got back from a very fun evening with the girl next door. Spent a lot more hours than we planned, but talked about a lot of stuff and got to know her better. Let me just say, she's very interesting! :D Good times, good times.

Now I just gotta figure out if I wanna pass out or watch internet tv until I pass out....

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Just got back from a very fun evening with the girl next door. Spent a lot more hours than we planned, but talked about a lot of stuff and got to know her better. Let me just say, she's very interesting! :D Good times, good times.

Now I just gotta figure out if I wanna pass out or watch internet tv until I pass out....
    :pimp:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    This tract of land was owned by a nice little man and woman. He died, she has Alzheimer's disease, the son came and got her, took her to Arizona or somewhere. He sold all the land, except where the house sits. There is a company, couple actually, that snatch up property like this, come in and rape it, then puts it back up for sale.
    I got some pics of it, I'm not sure if they are on my photobucket account or not....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

DO IT TO IT, SON.

:ingo:

Good j0rb!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Hey turn!

I picked up this (not mine, but just like it with different scope):

dpms.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Now I understand. At least your scope won't be bigger than your rifle now!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    This tract of land was owned by a nice little man and woman. He died, she has Alzheimer's disease, the son came and got her, took her to Arizona or somewhere. He sold all the land, except where the house sits. There is a company, couple actually, that snatch up property like this, come in and rape it, then puts it back up for sale.
    I got some pics of it, I'm not sure if they are on my photobucket account or not....

Do you know the name of the company, off-chance?

I'd like to know whom to boycott.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I can't remember the name....It's something like "Indiana Property, LLC" or ??? Not anything you'd remember. I don't know that they'd get all the way down to E-ville. More local than that. I've googled it and can't find it.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well fellow INGO members, I have to resign my title as a gun owner for a little bit. As I'm laid off money is tight and I have to sell my one and only...sigh... Carry gun. I'm gonna feel so naked. I thought I'd share my status update :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Well fellow INGO members, I have to resign my title as a gun owner for a little bit. As I'm laid off money is tight and I have to sell my one and only...sigh... Carry gun. I'm gonna feel so naked. I thought I'd share my status update :(

Ask someone for a loaner?

Sucks, but I hear you.

Here's to hoping you can get your piece back or get another in SHORT order.

:ingo:

Good luck.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I can't believe how hard it is to find a job 7 months since I got laid off. Me and my GF are on the verge of losing our power and water we havnt had food in the apt for 3 months. Does anyone know anywhere that's hiring in hendricks county?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Are you selling your one and only carry gun or is your carry gun your one and only gun?

Since you are "resigning" as a gun owner, I'm guessing it's the latter of the two, so I'm sorry for you...That doesn't mean you need to stop coming here though.:ingo:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I can't believe how hard it is to find a job 7 months since I got laid off. Me and my GF are on the verge of losing our power and water we havnt had food in the apt for 3 months. Does anyone know anywhere that's hiring in hendricks county?

Man, that really sucks bro. I can't help you out, since I'm not even sure where Hendricks Co is, but I wish you the best of luck.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for your support Bazooka. And yes its my only gun. For some reason my repping ability hasn't been turned on so take a mental note +1 for you. And no worries I love this site to much to quit coming around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom