Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey RelicHound,
    I remember some post from you about the stuff you've found,and links to "treasure" in Indiana from another board.
    You got any more stories? they were awsome!
    No..not really. I've done very little treasure hunting in the past year or so..just to much stuff going on. are you a member of one of the detecting forums? if so,which one?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Sorry no I'm not, I had a link saved to my favorites you had posted. I think it was the one with the guys going to the WW2 battelfields and finding stuff. Unfortantly My wife had to nuke the pc and I didnt save it but it had some cool stuff over there.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    No..not really. I've done very little treasure hunting in the past year or so..just to much stuff going on. are you a member of one of the detecting forums? if so,which one?

I run a Metal detector for crime scene's all I ever find is bullets and casings!! Generally after they have passed through someone!!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've went out a few times with my cousin,just local place. Old schools, parks that kinda thing. It was fun something I'd like to do I think. Can you metal detect in state parks? Patato Creek isnt to far away and there is a historical marker over there about an old settelment....hmmmm

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Over on BladeForums Jeff Randall doesn't talk it up any. He usually says the ESEE machete and Junglas are over rated and only for making you the coolest guy on the block. He usually suggests a Tramontina machete I believe which cost a lot less.

I will have to disagree with his choice there!
    I own a couple Tramontina machetes..a cain knife and a bolo type machete. Thats why I was asking about the ESEE is I'm looking to replace the Tramontinas. the bolo type machete I have is/was ok for short periods of time..but the handle stung my hands and had lots of vibration. the cain knife was actually my favorite. it chopped well and cleared thin brush with ease but it is now bent and the handle is cracked in several places. you just cant expect a $6 machete to last very long...and surprised its even a recommended blade. I got more use out of a $6 wally world machete than I did with the two Tramontina machetes.
    just gotta face facts that alot of these people who recommend knives,machetes,axes,hawks etc etc dont use them much..they take them out of the package and oogle at em for a bit..cut some paper or go in their back yard and baton a stump or two and say its a quality blade. internet use is a lot different then real world use.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I've went out a few times with my cousin,just local place. Old schools, parks that kinda thing. It was fun something I'd like to do I think. Can you metal detect in state parks? Patato Creek isnt to far away and there is a historical marker over there about an old settelment....hmmmm

that would be a no-no. never a good idea to detect anywhere near a historical marker. chances are its protected. and state parks are a no-no as well.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I will have to disagree with his choice there!
    I own a couple Tramontina machetes..a cain knife and a bolo type machete. Thats why I was asking about the ESEE is I'm looking to replace the Tramontinas. the bolo type machete I have is/was ok for short periods of time..but the handle stung my hands and had lots of vibration. the cain knife was actually my favorite. it chopped well and cleared thin brush with ease but it is now bent and the handle is cracked in several places. you just cant expect a $6 machete to last very long...and surprised its even a recommended blade. I got more use out of a $6 wally world machete than I did with the two Tramontina machetes.
    just gotta face facts that alot of these people who recommend knives,machetes,axes,hawks etc etc dont use them much..they take them out of the package and oogle at em for a bit..cut some paper or go in their back yard and baton a stump or two and say its a quality blade. internet use is a lot different then real world use.

I don't know a lot about them and was just repeating his message. Also, I believe Condor actually makes the blades for the ESEE machetes:twocents:

you didn't see the youngest one either. She looks 12 and is almost 21. :dunno:

Wow, I am old compared to them...no wonder they looked so young. I remember back when I was 21....well a couple days after anyway:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom