• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, as of today all mask mandates are done, all capacity limits on businesses have been lifted (in Marion County at least). Get these people back to work and off the teat!
    At the rate its going, a judge or two might need corrected in order to get that done. Holcomb manages to get something right for a change and promptly gets shot down in court. Go figure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's not the court's job. Their job is to answer the question, does Indiana have the legal authority to do what it did? It sounds like the court is saying, Indiana doesn't have the moral authority to do it. I don't think that's what the court's job is. Morality is highly subjective. If we must have arbiters of morality, they should not be unaccountable robed ideologues.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Is Crawfordsville that bad off? Guy they interviewed in the article said he applied for 50 jobs. Said the $300 a week extra paid his rent. Is rent that high in that area? Said he was going to sell his car because he can't pay the insurance anyway. Then said his house insurance was cancelled as well. If he rents that is renter's insurance and it is cheap.

I understand not having the money to make ends meet, but this seems a bit overboard.

Maybe I am just sheltered and don't see how it is in the real world, but this seems a bit off to me. My area is small town-ish as well. There are jobs everywhere. People begging for workers. I even see sign on bonuses being offered.

While I feel bad for those that can't make it because of all this crap, I see so many more that are just taking advantage of the gov teat and not putting forth the effort to find gainful employment.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Is Crawfordsville that bad off? Guy they interviewed in the article said he applied for 50 jobs. Said the $300 a week extra paid his rent. Is rent that high in that area? Said he was going to sell his car because he can't pay the insurance anyway. Then said his house insurance was cancelled as well. If he rents that is renter's insurance and it is cheap.

I understand not having the money to make ends meet, but this seems a bit overboard.

Maybe I am just sheltered and don't see how it is in the real world, but this seems a bit off to me. My area is small town-ish as well. There are jobs everywhere. People begging for workers. I even see sign on bonuses being offered.

While I feel bad for those that can't make it because of all this crap, I see so many more that are just taking advantage of the gov teat and not putting forth the effort to find gainful employment.
    I have not been in C-ville for a bit, but to my knowledge they got a wide variety of options for employment.

I think there is much more to this than what is being told.

Why did he loose his job as a equipment operator? 0-50 without a nibble, there is something fishy not being told.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Trial judge issued an order to continue payments. State asked the Court of Appeals for a stay or enforcing that order- to allow them to not make the payments until the appeal is decided. Court of Appeals, 2 out of 3 judges, said: No, follow the trial judge's order for now. This is no reflection of what the Court of Appeals will decide as to whether the payments must continue.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Trial judge issued an order to continue payments. State asked the Court of Appeals for a stay or enforcing that order- to allow them to not make the payments until the appeal is decided. Court of Appeals, 2 out of 3 judges, said: No, follow the trial judge's order for now. This is no reflection of what the Court of Appeals will decide as to whether the payments must continue.
    So, can you tell us which Judges need to find new employment?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How are we gonna keep this hidden from Holcomb?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thought I'd run by the Martinsville Save A Lot on a trip going that direction soon. Looks like it is permanently closed, along with a lot of their other locations across the state.

SavAlot is in serious debt, have been for years (before 2013), The Southern Indiana stores was on a cash only basis with Monarch back then.

They was already in in financial disarray and this is another business that should not be brought up a a business destroyed by Lockdown.

https://www.grocerydive.com/news/sa...es-as-it-continues-effort-to-cut-debt/592771/

Top Bottom