• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And a differently play on that...
    [video=youtube;lXPCTm6TU8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXPCTm6TU8o[/video]

The Other Guys - is that the one with the desk pops? My coworker is constantly asking for me to do that.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    No link but Tommy Bartletts water show in the Wisconsin Dell's is closing after 69 years.

This saddens me, more than most of the closures. I saw their show when I was a kid, and though it isn't my cup of tea today, the show was a piece of kitschy Americana that was apparently still well-attended.

This is what we get with the ever-shifting reopening goal posts. We've gone from "two weeks to flatten the curve" to indeterminate, forever uncertainty. But that's been said over and over on many threads.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sizzler, ya right, blame it on COVID, When was the last Sizzler located in Indianapolis shuttered, 1998? Me and my late wife ate at the Speedway location in 1986 after we picked up her engagement ring. Used to be our fav place to eat back in the day.

Add Sizzler to the list.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...akhouse-chain-files-for-bankruptcy-protection
    People still eat there? :dunno:

That creepy loud whispering of the name... *shudder*
    [video=youtube;E3YGtQ40Qvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YGtQ40Qvs[/video]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    In a similar note, I'm pretty sure every Ponderosa in Indiana has now vanished. I just learned that the one in Goshen folded up in July.

Surely Covid just put the throttle on top of that cruise control, but, sorta sad to see them go all the same.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The Other Guys - is that the one with the desk pops? My coworker is constantly asking for me to do that.

If I'm not mistaken we have similar careers and just the availability of the equipment to perform a desk pop probably wouldn't be taken too well.

Oddly, past that, I think I could get away with the actual desk popping in the right crowd. :laugh:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    In a similar note, I'm pretty sure every Ponderosa in Indiana has now vanished. I just learned that the one in Goshen folded up in July.

Surely Covid just put the throttle on top of that cruise control, but, sorta sad to see them go all the same.

I think there is still one in Anderson.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Nope, Madison, Scottsburg and Vincennes. I've eaten at all 2 of them back in the days of beer delivery around the state. Loved the salad bar there. Bonanza, gosh, the last one I can even remember about was the one my mom used to take us too when we visited relatives ib Bloomington Just east of Walnut on 46.

Top Bottom