The next 4 years will be one big "Black" issue... it's already starting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Gun shop takes heat over sign | adam.thompson@onlineathens.com

A local gun shop that used Barack Obama's name to hawk weapons has backed down, saying the message was meant to champion gun rights, not threaten violence.

Georgia Outdoor Sports owner Carrie Mentel said she advertised an "OBAMA SALE!" - on "GUNS AMMO ARCHERY" - outside her Hull store Wednesday morning, hours after the election, because firearms enthusiasts are worried the new Democratic president soon will step all over their Second Amendment right to bear arms.

But some passing motorists interpreted the sign as a call for violence against the country's first black president.
    These clowns are going to make everything a Black issue. If it were any other Democrat that got in office this wouldn't have happened. But now every time you say something about Obama, if it's not favorable you're going to be labeled a racist.

I'm already tired of it and it's just getting started.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    There will be a backlash from this. When those sheep who voted for him, to prove they weren't Racist, get accused of doing something racist, then things will start to unravel. It might even happen sooner than that. Just like you, I think there is going to be a boisterous response from those who now feel empowered. We dislike it, but there are those who truly HATE it.
    I hope I'm wrong but I see some ugly stuff in the near future.

Last edited:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yup. Hanging Palin, good humor, artistic and in the humor of Halloween. Hanging Obama, their entire campus is racist and it is despicable.

Double standards based on someones race will get you nowhere, besides backwards. Everything that is said being turned into a race issue is despicable.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm immune to this phenomenon because I don't care if someone thinks I'm a racist or accuses me of being one.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The only thing that I'm scratching my head over is that EVERYONE made race a non-issue during the campaign. Now that Obama has been elected, it's entirely a race issue. What the hell?

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yup. Hanging Palin, good humor, artistic and in the humor of Halloween. Hanging Obama, their entire campus is racist and it is despicable.

Double standards based on someones race will get you nowhere, besides backwards. Everything that is said being turned into a race issue is despicable.
    :+1: Totally agreed.

That's all you read about. Black this black that. If we ever pulled a stunt like this, there would be riots all over the place. You know I'm not at all racist but Common how much longer are they gonna blame us for something our great great great grandparents did. I'm not the one who had black slaves working for me. I work right along and just as hard as my black partner. You want to be treated equal, quit trying to put yourselfs on a higher level just because of something that happened in the history books.
    Oh I know there are still racist people out there but again it's a double standard. I've meet blacks who couldn't stand breathing the same air a white person exhaled. Your always gonna have that. Just my :twocents:

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    That is why I jokingly make remarks about the issue of black vs white. I have been called a racist by nature of the area I am from. I am not racist as there is no evidence to prove otherwise. That being said the media can make a saint out of a devil and a devil out of a saint. God is color blind and I have to be color blind as well. I look past the skin and into the heart when I make friends and trust me by the grace of God I have folk of all colors that bless me by being a friend.

I refuse to hang my head in shame. I will continue to be honest and if honesty is counted as being offensive then I count myself in good company. In Jesus day he offended a lot holy than thous with the truth.

I will continue to fly my stars and bars. That too does not equate me to being a racist. I am not a racist because I disagreement with anything the newly elected president or his chronies have to offer. Mr. Obama needs to realize that when he stepped into the public eye he openen himself up to redicule. Does not a wise man consider the cost and labor of building a new barn prior to actually starting to construct it?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That is why I jokingly make remarks about the issue of black vs white. I have been called a racist by nature of the area I am from. I am not racist as there is no evidence to prove otherwise. That being said the media can make a saint out of a devil and a devil out of a saint. God is color blind and I have to be color blind as well. I look past the skin and into the heart when I make friends and trust me by the grace of God I have folk of all colors that bless me by being a friend.

I refuse to hang my head in shame. I will continue to be honest and if honesty is counted as being offensive then I count myself in good company. In Jesus day he offended a lot holy than thous with the truth.

I will continue to fly my stars and bars. That too does not equate me to being a racist. I am not a racist because I disagreement with anything the newly elected president or his chronies have to offer. Mr. Obama needs to realize that when he stepped into the public eye he openen himself up to redicule. Does not a wise man consider the cost and labor of building a new barn prior to actually starting to construct it?

:+1: Great Post of True Feelings :patriot:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    The only thing that I'm scratching my head over is that EVERYONE made race a non-issue during the campaign. Now that Obama has been elected, it's entirely a race issue. What the hell?
    +1 For the last14 months it's been, "This election is not a race issue!" From the second John McCain conceded, it's been nothing but, "What a great, historical moment for African Americans!" They're saying this "finally" shows that America is shedding it's "racist origins". :rolleyes: As if 360,000 Union soldiers' deaths, and the battles fought by whites (mostly Republicans, mind you) to eliminate segregation in the 1950s and '60s, never happened.

But some passing motorists interpreted the sign as a call for violence against the country's first black president.
    It will be, if Barry wants to start taking my liberties away from me. The 2nd Amendment is about the right of the citizens to repel a fascist government.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    You can't get rid of their excuse for failure. What are you thinking. If anything it will get much worse and white people will be blamed, vilified, and protested against when news of Obama's failures come out in the media (if they do).

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Yesterday My wife whom I got to apply or her IN permit last week, wasin a drive-thru Fri. An African American was not in the drive-thru yelled at her are you going to order craker? She said that is a racist coment. He said he was a racist an so was she, he also tried to intimidate her, until the manager came out who heard it through the drive PA. She told me she so scared, and she never wants to be defense less again, she had our four year old with her. I am so tired of race! I saw on Oprah, that George Stepha a what ever said he was amezed how this election was not about race?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yesterday My wife whom I got to apply or her IN permit last week, wasin a drive-thru Fri. An African American was not in the drive-thru yelled at her are you going to order craker? She said that is a racist coment. He said he was a racist an so was she, he also tried to intimidate her, until the manager came out who heard it through the drive PA. She told me she so scared, and she never wants to be defense less again, she had our four year old with her. I am so tired of race! I saw on Oprah, that George Stepha a what ever said he was amezed how this election was not about race?

If this election wasn't about race, I'm happy for the outcome :n00b:

I'm glad your wife was ok and nothing happened. Ask Oprah though, and the man did nothing wrong, it's your wife being racist that made her feel scared :rolleyes:

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I too am fed up with the race issue. After this election was over I told myself "well now they can`t bitch about the white man holding them back any more".
    Now it looks like it will just intensify the bitching.:xmad:

Top Bottom