• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    So today my new Inglis High Power arrived. I opted for something a little different this time around. I already have a blued original Browning Mark 3 and a blued SA-35.

I opted for the nickel version. It comes in a very nice OD Green hard case . 1000011923.jpg

Inside you will find a nice foam insert on the lid and the bottom, in which you will find a cleaning rod and brush, manual, the pistol with a chamber flag, a trigger lock and two magazines. It comes with a brown set of wooden grips but I put a set of Rosewood grips on that I had in my Browning Parts box.
    1000011922.jpg

The overall fit and finish is very nice, the trigger is your typical Browning type trigger with probably a better reset than my Mark 3 or my Springfield, even though that's not a big deal to me it is a more audible reset. It comes with a plain rear sight and a green fiber optic front sight. I have a new front sight coming for it that is tritium. I like a plain rear with a with a tritium front on my handguns.

It has a very nice crown on the barrel. It has been test fired so there is some residue on the muzzle. It has a ambidextrous safety, of course the ring hammer. The controls are black. The nickel is a flat Satin finish.
    1000011921.jpg

Overall right now I am very happy with the way this is looking. It will go to the range hopefully this week and then it will be taken apart the slide will be bead blasted and it will be finished in a semi-gloss satin black. Probably Norrells moly resin. I had always planned on making this a two-tone High Power. I've been wanting one for years and seems like every time I found one it was in 40 and I don't want that caliber.

I will update this with a range report as soon as life allows me to get to the range

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I was hoping it was one of the Hi-Powers that the Canadians were going to destroy, and you got one... Ok, that is one nice gun!! i didn't know there was a company named Inglis. I love the P-35's, I keep ogling the SA-35 at work.....(Academy, in Jeffersonville)

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I was hoping it was one of the Hi-Powers that the Canadians were going to destroy, and you got one... Ok, that is one nice gun!! i didn't know there was a company named Inglis. I love the P-35's, I keep ogling the SA-35 at work.....(Academy, in Jeffersonville)
    I didn't know you worked at that Academy.

How much is the SA-35?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Congratulations on the new pistol! Very nice looking indeed and from your target it shoots really well!
    Enjoy your new piece! :wavey:
    Thank you! One thing I did notice is that the hammer strut mainspring is very stout... it's going to take some more 115 grain ball or I'm going to have to ramp up my reload powder charges to break it in some more. It did not like my 124 grain reloads. It would function sometimes sometimes it would short stroke, so I'm just chalking that up to it not being fully broke in yet

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Looks like minute of bad guy to me!!! Nice!!!!
    Thanks! I was pretty happy with its accuracy and that was just plain 115 grain Blazer brass. I had to buy that at the range because it wasn't playing well with my reloads. It needs to be broke in. This is the first brand new handgun that I have bought in probably 5 years. I'm going to go do some reloading and load some 124 grain with a bumped up powder charge

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm going to be in Jeffersonville November 7th around 1500 seeing a Dr. If you are working that day and around say 1600 I'll see if I can stop by and say howdy.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hipowers are marvelous pistols to hold and shoot. Most comfortable and natural to hold and point.

No magazine safety?

Top Bottom