• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    On Jan 28th i filed My taxs for this tax season. I received a response from the IRS that my return had been accepted. After several days i then receive a email stating that my return would be held for processing till Feb 14th because i filed married filing jointly, and also i bought a house a little while back and had to pay back some of there stimulus package for First time home buyers. Shortly there after Feb 14th i get an email saying that my taxs are being processed and i should get my refund from the following friday. then the following friday nothing so i call the IRS and they inform me that i will receive a update via email on Monday. So monday rolls around and i receive a update that says i will get my refund on the following tuesday. So the following tuesday rolls around and again nothing. They have done this to me four times now. So i call today to check on my return and guess what, they tell me its gonna be another month before i get my return cause they are working on the sofware to do the repayment of the first time home buyers stimulus. Come on it is not rocket science take your money and give me my return. Is anyone having this issue? i figure if this is happening for the reason they say if is then it is happening to alot more people than me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    On Jan 28th i filed My taxs for this tax season. I received a response from the IRS that my return had been accepted. After several days i then receive a email stating that my return would be held for processing till Feb 14th because i filed married filing jointly, and also i bought a house a little while back and had to pay back some of there stimulus package for First time home buyers. Shortly there after Feb 14th i get an email saying that my taxs are being processed and i should get my refund from the following friday. then the following friday nothing so i call the IRS and they inform me that i will receive a update via email on Monday. So monday rolls around and i receive a update that says i will get my refund on the following tuesday. So the following tuesday rolls around and again nothing. They have done this to me four times now. So i call today to check on my return and guess what, they tell me its gonna be another month before i get my return cause they are working on the sofware to do the repayment of the first time home buyers stimulus. Come on it is not rocket science take your money and give me my return. Is anyone having this issue? i figure if this is happening for the reason they say if is then it is happening to alot more people than me.

Yes, they get to use your money interest free, while you must pay them interest if you don't pay them on time.

Just consider that you're doing that extra bit for your country by letting them make a little bit more on what they owe you.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    This is why I love owing them money instead of them owing me. That way they don't get my money until April. Take that government!!!

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    That's why I adjusted my W-4 a few years ago. I get almost no tax refund because I have the proper amount withheld at each paycheck. I get to keep my own money throughout the year.

Thanks Dave Ramsey!

GTM

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    There was a news bulletin stating not to file taxes until Feb 14th. that is why they extended this years deadline in April

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    About a month ago the IRS announced that it was having problems with the software that processed the first time home buyer credit and that it would take about a month to correct it.

Isn't if funny that if they have a problem it is ok, but if we have a problem, we could get a visit by big guys dressed in black driving black Chevy Blazers!!!

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    yepp its sure funny how they have a double standard, when its them that is wrong it is just fine and they expect you to just wait and be patient. the IRS owes me a pretty penny to its to bad i cant charge them a late fee plus interest.:rockwoot:

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Me and the IRS disagree about 2009 to the tune of $95K.
    They want $35K toot sweet.
    Taxes on money I never made.
    All because of a hand written 1099
    They are not my best friends right now.......

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There was a news bulletin stating not to file taxes until Feb 14th. that is why they extended this years deadline in April

WRONG! The deadline was extended to the 18 APR because there is a "holiday" in DC that falls on 15 APR so by law they had to push it back.

From the IRS website:

Taxpayers will have until Monday, April 18 to file their 2010 tax returns and pay any tax due because Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia, falls this year on Friday, April 15. By law, District of Columbia holidays impact tax deadlines in the same way that federal holidays do; therefore, all taxpayers will have three extra days to file this year. Taxpayers requesting an extension will have until Oct. 17 to file their 2010 tax returns.

IRS Kicks Off 2011 Tax Season with Deadline Extended to April 18; Taxpayers Impacted by Recent Tax Breaks Can File Starting in Mid- to Late February

j. villarreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Gotta love that first time homebuyer's repayment. I'm in the same boat. Called the IRS for the 4th time last week and was told it would be another month while they fix their software. Good times, good times...

Jason

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Yes, they get to use your money interest free, while you must pay them interest if you don't pay them on time.

Just consider that you're doing that extra bit for your country by letting them make a little bit more on what they owe you.

Actually I have to tell you, that YES, the IRS does pay you interest on your money they hold past a certain date, but not really sure how long they have before they pay interest, I do believe it is from April 15th. I had an issue one year, and the IRS held up my return and it ended up being held up for almost 9 months. After everything got cleared up they send me my refund due, and also interest on the refund due paid from I think it was April 15th. That and other things are the reason that I only send them the required amount each month so I can keep my money and not them.

INGunGuy

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    i had already filed before they decided to put a hold on peoples tax return. The IRS had already excepted my return and then sent me a email saying they where holding anyone who filed married filing jointly or had a first time home buyers stimulus even if it was one of the stimulus you did not have to pay back. And just a heads up i choose not the watch the news as do a lot of people.

Top Bottom