Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is this the right place for this?
    Muslim woman asked to leave Gary Family Dollar store for wearing traditional Islamic garb - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

An Indiana Family Dollar manager asked a Muslim woman to leave the store for wearing a traditional Islamic veil known as a niqab.Cell phone video captured the inside Monday afternoon inside a Gary Family Dollar.

"Yes ma'am if you can't remove that from your face, I'm going to need you to leave the store," the employee said.
    The manager told Safi to leave two more times before wishing her a blessed day.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Let's be clear. Transgenderism is a matter of faith, not science.

So, if I don't believe in transgenderism, then it doesn't exist?

Or, science hasn't proven that people believe in transgenderism?

This is getting confusing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was recently asked to leave a business because my hat was obscuring my face on the surveillance equipment. They said remove the hat or leave so I left. I guess I should have screamed "discrimination " and called the media!

What kind of business was it and what was on the hat? :D

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    I was recently asked to leave a business because my hat was obscuring my face on the surveillance equipment. They said remove the hat or leave so I left. I guess I should have screamed "discrimination " and called the media!

Same thing at a C-store that's right down the road from work. Walked over at lunch time with a co-worker who wanted a Subway sandwich there and the manager asked 3 people who walked in after us to take off their hats or to please leave. Talked to him while co-worker was getting his food and manager said they had too many thefts and robberies where the hats obscured the face of the suspects. Easier to ask everyone to take off their hats then the alternative.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Same thing at a C-store that's right down the road from work. Walked over at lunch time with a co-worker who wanted a Subway sandwich there and the manager asked 3 people who walked in after us to take off their hats or to please leave. Talked to him while co-worker was getting his food and manager said they had too many thefts and robberies where the hats obscured the face of the suspects. Easier to ask everyone to take off their hats then the alternative.

In this thread, there have been a number of these anecdotes. This seems to be something relatively new. I don't wear a hat much, especially in hot weather and have never encountered these policies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I listened to Shapiro's podcast tonight to see if he was going to talk about that. And aside from him totally ripping off my "puppy" analogy, he didn't spend much time, except to basically say that they are fighting it legally. Not sure what they can do since it's a private university.

My guess is that it pertains to discriminating against certain student groups and their choice of invitees to their events who paid for inclusion on the same terms as the groups that the administration prefers. In other words, it would seem more of a fraud case than a civil rights case.

I think it was my 20th or 21st boss that said, "I heard you used to be on a submarine. I was in the Navy too".
    So I asked, "Which one?"
    He smiled and said. "The US navy, of course".
    My reply, "Oh, I just wanted to make sure. As much damage as you cause, I thought maybe the Russians sent you over to sabotage us."

He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

:yesway: :lmfao:

Kinda strange to mention chromosomes without thinking of Mendel... but ok.

:yesway:

Let's be clear. Transgenderism is a matter of faith, not science.

Faith in this case being the rejection of objective reality?

Oh, but it takes all the fun out of it when no members of a politically favored group are involved.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like shaming people into the theater was a bad strategy.

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely | Hollywood Reporter

Looks like the next all-female cast reboot is Oceans 8, however. Maybe they'll go about it in a nicer way (not insulting potential viewers).

I just don't get it. It happens similarly with race as it does with sex. If white and male dominant hierarchies are bad because dominance based on race and sex is wrong, why are they trying to create a new dominant hierarchy? I'm beginning to think it isn't the dominant hierarchy they object to.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just don't get it. It happens similarly with race as it does with sex. If white and male dominant hierarchies are bad because dominance based on race and sex is wrong, why are they trying to create a new dominant hierarchy? I'm beginning to think it isn't the dominant hierarchy they object to.

I would agree. It does appear that the lefties do not object as a matter of principle but rather a matter of apportionment.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Inside every revolutionary is a closet aristocrat.

They don't want to replace the system, they want to put themselves at the top of it.

Absolutely, and they depend on the support of idealists who are too damned stupid to understand human nature while they do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom