PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    2016 John Deere Gator 825i
    Symptom: Difficult shifting, hard to get out of gear
    Prescription: Adjust gear selector cable, lubricate primary clutch basket contact points.

I used to say how much I loved my Gator. Well, that ship has sailed. 20240802_123240.jpg20240802_130744.jpg
    20240802_130757.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    How many times has it been in the shop? How many hours?
    Once. 18 months ago for its 100 hour service. It currently has 105 hrs, it sits way more than it gets ran. I know that is part of its problem.

Honestly, I have zero complaints about it. No leaks, no failures of any kind. I put a new battery in it in 2022. I bought it to work and it does that very well.
    023.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Mine's been sitting for a year now, tired of putting money into it. Fortunately "I got a guy" so I don't have to pay the dealership but it's still not a cheap vehicle to maintain if parts are required.

I've certainly purchased my last JD product but that has much more to do with their politics than with my experience with their products. I wish I could support them.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've certainly purchased my last JD product but that has much more to do with their politics than with my experience with their products. I wish I could support them.
    Somehow I just learned about this last month. It's a real shame. My family farm ran for two generations on Green power. I had a hard time justifying the expense of one of their tractors when there are other brands out there with the same or better capabilities. Now, I have their stupid corporate policies to convince me to buy elsewhere (if that day to buy a tractor ever comes).

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We really enjoy the Gator. Okiegirl drives it to different places on the property, harvests rounds for firewood, brings them back to the splitter and dumps them for processing. She's a one woman operation. It's her "therapy". It's easy to operate and carries a heavy load. Only problem is, they're pricey.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A friend of mine has one of those Kubota UTVs, when we visit he drives us all around his land showing off the forestry work he does. It's an impressive machine.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It’s incredible JD did not learn the “Bud Light lesson,” which tells me it’s not a business-motivated decision.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    We recently acquired a 2016 Polaris Ranger. We have trails all through our woods that we can drive our trucks through so it works well for us. Grandkids are loving it!

View attachment 370540
    I'm in a similar situation. I have a lane all the way back if I can keep it up. Lots of firewood in it whenever I go up. A rider mower makes it back there to keep it neat.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm in a similar situation. I have a lane all the way back if I can keep it up. Lots of firewood in it whenever I go up. A rider mower makes it back there to keep it neat.
    We bush hog with the farm tractor to keep the trails clear. We only have to do it a couple times a year if we drive thru regularly.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    We bush hog with the farm tractor to keep the trails clear. We only have to do it a couple times a year if we drive thru regularly.
    Sandy soil low and gravel hills. Hardwood and pines. Grass grows in the lanes but not thick. I can mow them two times a year plus fall after leaf drop.
    Had a guy next door on federal land yelling at me for mowing my lanes the day before deer season last year. Shot my buck on a nice mowed path the next morning .;)

Top Bottom