• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Over the years I have seen basically the same article, just like Groundhog Day. The only things that change are the locations and people interviewed. I love that firearms are now bought in Georgia and taken to N.E. States like Massachussets. It used to just be adjoining states, such as Virginia. Georgia dealers are probably also sending "automatic assault weapons" to Mexico now also!!!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I still do not understand where people get the idea that someone can just walk into a gun show an buy a gun without a background check or going through the same process as if purchasing that same gun from an FFL in a store. I've purchased several guns from gun shows and the same rules still apply. I have to fill out an Gun Purchase Form, show my ID, wait for the dealer/seller to contact the ATF for my background check, and, when I pass, only then do I get to take the gun home with me that day. I think they say things like that just to get a rise out of people by passing along false information. It's sad that the only way they can promote their propoganda is through out-n-out lies. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :xmad:

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I still do not understand where people get the idea that someone can just walk into a gun show an buy a gun without a background check or going through the same process as if purchasing that same gun from an FFL in a store. I've purchased several guns from gun shows and the same rules still apply. I have to fill out an Gun Purchase Form, show my ID, wait for the dealer/seller to contact the ATF for my background check, and, when I pass, only then do I get to take the gun home with me that day. I think they say things like that just to get a rise out of people by passing along false information. It's sad that the only way they can promote their propoganda is through out-n-out lies. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :xmad:

Not exactly. Your experience is that of purchasing from an FFL Dealer at a gun show. If you are a resident of the state that the gunshow is held in and are buying a firearm off of another private, resident then there is no paperwork necessary. The only real restriction, besides residency, is that the seller cannot have knowledge or reason to know that the buyer could not pass a background check.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Can these guns be somehow rehabilitated?

It is tough when the moral agency of an inanimate object gets corrupted. But maybe if they were locked up for a while (longer times, naturally, for more serious crimes), and had access to proper guidance, perhaps they could restore their sense of moral purpose and become suitable again for ownerhsip by a law-abiding citizen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Kind of a silly story.

Indeed...

The Gun Trail: How legal guns go bad
    by Tab Lloyd, Story-maker Extraordinaire

Arnie the AR-15 started his life out as most others did, born in the factory of a well respected firearms maker, Colt in this case. Test fired at the factory with no issues at all, he was sent to a gun store in Savannah, Georgia under the loving and watchful eyes of the kind proprietors Buya Smith, and NASCAR legend Ricky Bobby. ;) A good kid, he stood out among his peers and soon caught the attention of a well-to-do businessman visiting from Atlanta. The next thing he knew he was off to the big city living a life of luxury on the finest ranges in the Altanta area.

But one fateful day, the business man placed a bottle of his finest single malt Scotch whiskey and some Cuban cigars along side him in the gun safe. It was too much temptation for the young and impressionable Arnie to resist. The next thing he knew he was smoking and drinking at Metallica concerts and listening to their evil Devil worshipping music. :rockwoot: He tried to hide it at first, but soon the signs began to show...a failure to fully seat his bolt here...a double feed there..things that had never occured before. The businessman did his best to help this wayward member of his family, one-on-one cleaning/counseling sessions, more frequent trips to the range to diagnose the problem, etc, but Arnie the AR-15 simply could not get over his addiction to the evils of the lifestyle he chose... ;) :rolleyes:

Top Bottom