NWI, North of US-30

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That car has all that cool tech, internet connectivity, etc.. and news agencies have shown how theirs can hack into the system to unlock the car, cause it to speed up, stop, etc..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That car has all that cool tech, internet connectivity, etc.. and news agencies have shown how theirs can hack into the system to unlock the car, cause it to speed up, stop, etc..

Well there's been close to 900 complaints filed about this "malfunction"... Just how many people DID have dirt on the Clintons? :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is why I don't want any of these new "helpful" computerized features on any of my vehicles...

Feds investigating popular SUV for unexpectedly braking by itself

https://www.wthr.com/article/feds-investigating-popular-suv-unexpectedly-braking-itself

Those sensors better be multiple and lots of failsafes. I cant tell you how many times my mouse acted wonky, acting like somebody had another mouse trying to counter my moves, only to find out an eyelash or cat hair was stuck to the lens throwing off the signals. Dont need that kind of failure on something like an auto brake.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They won't like the fix.
    triple redundancy.
    With 2 out of 3 sensors needed for an action.
    That way, a failed sensor will not prevent, or cause, the action.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They won't like the fix.
    triple redundancy.
    With 2 out of 3 sensors needed for an action.
    That way, a failed sensor will not prevent, or cause, the action.
    OR... they could save millions, if not billions of dollars, and stop putting all this automated "safety" crap in vehicles, get people to put down their damn phones and PAY ATTENTION to you know... DRIVING. In the 43 years I've been driving, I've never had to have the car tell me when to apply the brakes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OR... they could save millions, if not billions of dollars, and stop putting all this automated "safety" crap in vehicles, get people to put down their damn phones and PAY ATTENTION to you know... DRIVING. In the 43 years I've been driving, I've never had to have the car tell me when to apply the brakes.

Have you lost your mind!
    Think of all the money to be made from these safety features.
    Plus think of all the lawsuits to come as well.

Way too much money to be made here.
    "Safety" is the illusion sold in the name of making more money.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No :poop:!

My new car has a lot of these stupid safety features. You have to turn most of them off EVERY ****ING TIME you start the car. The frontal collision one then puts not one, but two amber warning lights on your display.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t mind so much the safety stuff. I just wish my truck would stop turning itself off at the end of the driveway every time I try to leave and forget to turn the auto-stop off.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don’t mind so much the safety stuff. I just wish my truck would stop turning itself off at the end of the driveway every time I try to leave and forget to turn the auto-stop off.
    I've had my car apply brakes while on the highway in traffic. It also squeals at me in traffic when it is slowing down like I am trying to back out of a parking spot into oncoming traffic.

I want them off.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hate the safety stuff on my wife's new car. Have to turn off the "gas saving" thing every time you start the car. You can optionally turn off the lane assist, lane correction, and auto-brake... so at least it's an option. I've had the auto-brake occur a couple times when it shouldn't have... like pulling into a parking lot where there's a tree with low branches... or pulling into the garage.

I've wondered what would happen if a piece of cardboard or something flew in front of the car on the highway and obscured the camera's view. Seems like that could cause a wreck if you suddenly braked on the highway.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is all this safety stuff on all new cars?
    Is there a way to NOT get any of these features?
    I'm still driving a 2006 vehicle and NO desire to get a new one if all this crap comes on them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is all this safety stuff on all new cars?
    Is there a way to NOT get any of these features?
    I'm still driving a 2006 vehicle and NO desire to get a new one if all this crap comes on them.

Kinda. We bought a base model kia. It still came with backup camera and lane assist. Obnoxiously, the passenger side freaks out all the time. It will trigger when there is nothing there, and sometimes reverses. (lights when nothing is there then turns off when someone is in the blind spot)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum... anyway to post modify it?
    I know on the 2006 vehicle I have the "seat belt" alarm will go off if you dont have it on and are driving. There is a way to disable that damb alarm.

Top Bottom