• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    iOS 13 now supports mouse controls. Kinda.

For anyone like me who carries an iPad around and needs to remote into Windows boxes for remote support, this is a Godsend. Although Steve Jobs swore that under no circumstances would Apple ever support a mouse on iOS, it appears they appeased the disabled crowd by adding support as an assistive technology.

Its not straightforward like other systems; you cant just go into Settings/Bluetooth and pair a mouse. Doing so flat out wont work. But if you follow these steps, you can do it.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3405887/how-to-use-a-mouse-with-your-ipad-or-iphone.html

Ive already tested this out and I can work SO much faster. Now I dont think I'll need to take my laptop on vacation anymore. (sometimes I get calls to fix stuff nobody else can)

Yes many RDP and server OS' support touch screen mode, but often its just not the same, especially with fat fingers on a smallish screen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iOS 13 now supports mouse controls. Kinda.

For anyone like me who carries an iPad around and needs to remote into Windows boxes for remote support, this is a Godsend. Although Steve Jobs swore that under no circumstances would Apple ever support a mouse on iOS, it appears they appeased the disabled crowd by adding support as an assistive technology.

Its not straightforward like other systems; you cant just go into Settings/Bluetooth and pair a mouse. Doing so flat out wont work. But if you follow these steps, you can do it.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3405887/how-to-use-a-mouse-with-your-ipad-or-iphone.html

Ive already tested this out and I can work SO much faster. Now I dont think I'll need to take my laptop on vacation anymore. (sometimes I get calls to fix stuff nobody else can)

Yes many RDP and server OS' support touch screen mode, but often its just not the same, especially with fat fingers on a smallish screen.

I'm definitely a mouse fan. I've tried using laptops with just the touch pad (not touch screen) and I just can't get the hang of it. Takes me forever to do the simplest task.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    YouTube still inserting propaganda boxes under videos that feature wrongthink

EFzCmedUcAELipY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I often run into stories and articles I want to post, but they probably aren't worth making their own thread over.

So, here's the General Technology thread. Computing, software, business tech, Q&A, Security, etc...

Starting off with this story from today:

CCleaner Compromised to Distribute Malware for Almost a Month

Seems to have only affected 32-bit systems, which is a big plus.

Also, apparently due to excessive lobbying from FPL, Florida residents without power due to the hurricane are not permitted to use their own solar panels.

Miami Frustrated With FPL After Hurricane Irma | Miami New Times

Have a hard time imagining that being strictly enforced.

I do not understand why the residents with solar panels do not have an isolation cut out switch. Without a cutoff switch. Their panels are feeding everyone else on the network.
    YES it is a very dangerous situation for anyone working on the network.
    The isolation switch should have been mandatory before installing the solar panels.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Reminds me of that self banned radiolab episode about 4chan members playing capture the flag with Shia LaBeouf. I think they called it weaponized autism haha.
    [video=youtube_share;ttjX3e1qo-s]https://youtu.be/ttjX3e1qo-s[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The hell is wrong with me when I feel bad for shutting down a server for the last time. I feel like I'm putting down a dog or something.

Nothing is wrong with you.
    Humans grow fond of things. Some like cars, others guns.
    It's hard for humans to let go at times.

Harder if you have worked on said item (fixing a car over time, swapping out hard drives, mobo on servers, etc...)

Top Bottom