• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    While at my parents house last week, I asked dad if I could see the old .22 rifle that he had. It was the first real gun I had ever fired. It is a 50's or 60's J.C. Higgins model 101.23 made for Sears and Roebuck co. After some research, I found out it was basically a Savage model 34. This rifle is so accurate! I took it home to clean it up and can't wait to shoot it again.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    While at my parents house last week, I asked dad if I could see the old .22 rifle that he had. It was the first real gun I had ever fired. It is a 50's or 60's J.C. Higgins model 101.23 made for Sears and Roebuck co. After some research, I found out it was basically a Savage model 34. This rifle is so accurate! I took it home to clean it up and can't wait to shoot it again.
    You are 35 and JUST shot your first "real gun"? :n00b:

What cave have you been hiding in?

Just messing with you. Welcome to gun world. I recommend learning gun safety. You can never learn enough! Then learn how the different types of guns actually work.

You will be hooked on the machines that can reach out 100's of yards and even put dinner on the table if need be. :rockwoot:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    this could be a good thread. besides pellet guns my first was a NEF 12ga single i got for christmas, age 12 or 13. wish i still had it.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    The first gun I ever shot was a M-14, many years ago. And my uncle Sam supplied the gun and the ammo. I think my second was a full auto M-16.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Octagon barrel Stevens pump in .22 short only from some bygone era. Was grand dads and the barrel was threaded (????) I asked him why the threads and his response was....hunting boy, just for hunting. It was and still is a tack driver. It is put away.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had a similiar experience this year. My dad passed away from cancer and a bunch of old pictures were pulled out for the funeral. One was of me, him, and my grandpa as I was pulling the trigger for the first time on an old .410

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Fired a bolt action .22 in High School ROTC many years ago. Don't remember the make or model but I can remember the instructor's face to this day. He was rough as a cob but a great instructor. Handed us the .22 LR cartridges one at a time.

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    The first gun I ever shot was a Sears and Roebuck 16 ga. I was 8 and I bugged my grandpa all day to shoot a gun. He replied "you can shoot the shotgun if you will stand on a fence post" ! I replied no problem. So he stood me on a railroad tie (converted to a fence post) and handed me the 16ga ! I quickly shouldered it and squeezed the trigger. When it was over my grandpa was holding the gun and I was on my butt ! Good times , good times.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I shot a bolt action .22 during a weeklong public school 'field trip'/camping excursion. I do not know what model it was...
    But shortly thereafter, my father gave me a .22 Winchester Model 320.
    The rifle which I was recently reunited with, and my son & I both enjoy shooting now.

Top Bottom