• ...and so much more!
  • What is your choice

• Total voters

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Scenario: you wake up in an abandoned hotel,with nothing but the clothes on your back and a gift certificate for a free gun in either 7.62x 39, 5.45x39, or .223/556. + 1000 rounds. Not only have zombies became real but the Chinese are invading Indiana. You get to the shop and their are only three guns left, a dpms ar a2 in 223/556, a saiga ak converted in 7.62x39 and a saiga ak converted in 5.45x 39. which do you get and why ? this gun will need to be able to get you 150 miles to your family and your current gun collection. you will be traveling on foot alone.

and go

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I would pick an AR because of ammo availability if it was needed plus being able to use for long range shooting as well as short range shooting. Plus they tend to be a little lighter in wieght so would be a lil easier to carry a ways.

1911 nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Nothwest In.
    The AR for weight savings and accuracy. the availability of mags and parts along the way should you run across them as most law enforcement uses AR's it would be more likely to run across stuff

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I prefer the ergonomics of the AR platform better than I do the AK platform, but in reality if one couldn't get the job done, the other probably wouldn't have either.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Scenario: you wake up in an abandoned hotel,with nothing but the clothes on your back and a gift certificate for a free gun in either 7.62x 39, 5.45x39, or .223/556. + 1000 rounds. Not only have zombies became real but the Chinese are invading Indiana. You get to the shop and their are only three guns left, a dpms ar a2 in 223/556, a saiga ak converted in 7.62x39 and a saiga ak converted in 5.45x 39. which do you get and why ? this gun will need to be able to get you 150 miles to your family and your current gun collection. you will be traveling on foot alone.

and go

Ok zombies have attacked. Chinese have invaded. And I have a gift certificate for 1 free gun and ammo.

Hmmm....

Screw that. I'm taking all 3 guns and more ammo. The SHTF has started.
    It's every man for himself. I'm making my own laws now!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Ok zombies have attacked. Chinese have invaded. And I have a gift certificate for 1 free gun and ammo.

Hmmm....

Screw that. I'm taking all 3 guns and more ammo. The SHTF has started.
    It's every man for himself. I'm making my own laws now!

i knew someone would try this , which is why i secretly added security into the gun store. you stole the guns and then were shot by security. Congratulations, you lose :D
    3_gta2_wasted1.jpg

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i would go with the AR out of the gate. then i would find either dead chinese soldiers or knock off a couple and take there guns and ammo and then i have the AR in hand and the AK straped to my back. best of both worlds......plus if SHTF with zombies and chinese i wouldnt care how much the ammo weighed. ill just rig up a trailer behind my wheelchair filled with guns and ammo and keep on rollin down the road.

first order of business is holdin up in a machine shop and building one of these
    wheelchair-tank-banned.jpg

build a mount for one of these so it can be rotated and fired one handed....add chicken plate for added protection
    MGA_MK46__900.jpg

THEN TO WAR!!!!

ohhh my dreams

Last edited:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    AK 7.62x39

A couple of reasons, I will be doing my best to stealthily avoid all persons, alive, dead, and undead. That being said, I will probably be hiding in the mud, and god knows what else, the AK will be much more prone to functioning after being submitted to all kinds of crap. If, in the event that I do meet up with the chinese, their QBZ mags/ammo will be compatible (Also true for the AR, but an AK isn't near as sensitive to dirty life).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would go with the Saiga chambered in 7.62x39. To many peoples disbelief, AK's can be accurate. I shoot mine just as accurate then I do my M4 at 100 yards. My number one reason being for choosing that caliber, is the reliability of the platform. I have ran thousands of rounds through my AK and have never once cleaned it. I would not trust my M4 to run near that long without field stripping it. Sure, ammo is going to weight a little more. However, at closer ranges, the 7.62x39 has more punch. Also, I would never take a shot past 100 yards unless I absolutely had too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    More expirience with an M4 than an AK but could use either to great effect. M4 would be first choice with ammo availability in the future an issue to be resolved.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I would have to go with the AK in 7.62x39. If the Chinese are invading they would be carrying AK's so parts and ammunition would be easy to get of a dead Chinese corps.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i knew someone would try this , which is why i secretly added security into the gun store. you stole the guns and then were shot by security. Congratulations, you lose :D
    3_gta2_wasted1.jpg
    security protecting the last 3 guns and ammo with zombies and china soldiers in indiana.....i think im going to stick my head between my legs and kiss my *** goodby

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Go to an out of state gun show because we all know you can just walk in and buy a fully automatic "assualt" rifle without signing any papers.

NOTE: No you weak willed libs, you can't actually do that.

Any way, then I would come back to Indiana and lay down the shizzle on the invaders.

1000 rounds. Now that's funny. :laugh:

And for platform. It doesn't matter. There are more Chinese than we could ever fend off and the zombies should be captured and retrained.

btw: The Chinese don't shoot AR's. Go for a ChiCom shooter. There will be plenty of ammo laying around to resupply with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom