• Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    "How many police are necessary?"

That seems like a good question to ask.

Here is a point of reference. Like this speaker, I have never ingested an illegal substance. I have no desire to do so. Heck, I rarely have a prescription issued by my doctor filled if the symptoms and underlying cause can be addressed through exercise, diet, time, or other such measures.

I am not "pro drug".

I did deliver the eulogy for a guy who was a friend since childhood who overdosed on heroine. I also recently learned that the son of my favorite sister in law is a heroine addict.

I have also witnessed the liberty of law abiding citizens stripped through never ending increases in taxation and encroachment by the state.

The road we are on leads no where good.

Others, of course, may disagree and are free to discuss..or are expected to be.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When and where did Nixon promise a cure for cancer by 1977?

I thought I was up on Nixon. My biases say this is Libertarian nonsense but would love to see the citation. Anyone know?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

I thought I was up on Nixon. My biases say this is Libertarian nonsense but would love to see the citation. Anyone know?
    No idea if he actually said it, but I remember him declaring war on it. He was big on declaring war on things. And he was often overly optimistic about outcomes. He may well have said something like that. It was a time of great optimism in the scientific community where cancer was concerned. They were just starting to get a grasp on what it was and how to fight it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Woods is largely about history and analysis, and normally brings in some other guys to discuss the specifics of economics.

I'd be surprised if he made a blanket statement in a public speech that wasn't fact-supported. He's a historian and normally has no trouble meeting the challenge when someone questions his facts. (even if they disagree with his analysis)

I just listened to the first few minutes and I think the line or 2 following the "1977" statement were meant to be facetious.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the article, but supposedly they were trying for a cure before the bicentennial so 1976 then

The War on Cancer Rages On

Could always be a case of the author misquoting something that was already misquoted, who knows.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/cancer/1238935850.pdf

Congress unanimously resolved the "war on cancer" would be won in 1976. This would have made it beaten by 1977.

Sadly, cancer has not been beaten.

Perhaps the state should conduct more aggressive home invasions of citizens who are participating in cancer. Maybe more "no knock" warrants served by SWAT commandos. Maybe some flash grenades. Maybe shoot some family pets for good measure.

Perhaps that would help drive the number of reported cancer incidents down low enough to declare victory in the war.

ETA another reference to the 1976 "victory".

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...157_1_cancer-research-mary-lasker-cure-cancer

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Kirk your brashness belies your age.

So, he's young and impressionable and has a really strong point of view? Must be some sign wielding college student...

Is speaking out a sin? Maybe we should just believe whatever someone says as long as they are from my party?

This is not personal, just seems as if folks are trending towards the how dare you question my candidate hemisphere. Heck, our State Rep got questioned ALOT, didn't even receive our initial endorsement, but he's on speed dial now and meets with us regularly.

If you don't question, you will never know. If you don't want to know so be it. But there are consequences with that decision to intellectually hide. If a candidate doesn't want to answer we need to question their motives. If a public speaker doesn't answer that's just silly...it's how they make their money.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Questioning is good.

I think the speaker's question "How many police are necessary?" is a good question.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom