• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've heard after polishing and a bit of tweaking, they are just as nice as a Cajunized cz. I have no experience with them, but that's what I've read.

You should be the guinea pig, Chezuki. Get one and have llh polish it up. Compare to a fully worked over CZ.....Profit???

True, but they also don't need to be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a show me kind of guy. Read all you want. Th proof is in the pudding.
    I have read glowing reviews about certain 1911's that I have proven time and again are not that nice.

Get one, show me they run like a cajionized CZ right out of the box and I will humbly bow and say....."Most Cool"

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup, just what I've read over on the CZ forums. I've never fondled one, so I can't say for sure.

I have read that they used to have an issue with their steel cracking. The steel was too brittle. Apparently that is fixed now, though.

From everything I've read, Tanfoglio produces nice firearms. They are just linked up with a joke of an operation (EAA) who imports them.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Interesting.

That's true.

Humorously, neither are really in the spirit of the division, they just happen to fit within the scope of the rules. Glock and Smith have pulled a lot of advertising and sponsorships from USPSA due to the tuned CZ's and Tanfo's performing more like race guns than the service/carry pistols the division was designed for.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Humorously, neither are really in the spirit of the division, they just happen to fit within the scope of the rules. Glock and Smith have pulled a lot of advertising and sponsorships from USPSA due to the tuned CZ's and Tanfo's performing more like race guns than the service/carry pistols the division was designed for.
    Someone once said that if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough. ;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The Tanfoglio's have definitely been proving themselves in USPSA.

The only real negative thing I've read about them recently is that if you do get a lemon, their CS is a bit shoddy as they're in Italy, and we're in the US.

Tanfo's and SP-01's have absolutely dominated the national USPSA Production division matches the past couple years.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Which ones the beast?

You shot it on CZ day at MCF&G.

IMG_0426_zpsnr3qb3ne.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There's a certain way a race gun feels that's hard to describe. Zero snap, just a slight push back in your hand. The muzzle doesn't even rise enough to break the sight picture.

Kinda like CM's compensated 1911 with the C-More.

That's how the Tanfo felt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom