94C708BF-93AF-44E3-98B9-E20F8C56A7C1_zpslrngbfv6.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have marked my mags with bullets. I put them inside the mag. All mags with bullets inside are mine. :rockwoot:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’m beginning to believe my wife is right. I’m very much an old man in a young man’s body. :D

Better than my problem... I'm a middle aged, to getting old guy, in an old man's body

My reasoning has nothing to do with magazines, springs, capacity, etc.
    When I was shooting regularly we would shoot every week at least once and often twice or more. We would exceed 1k rounds in a week more often than I would like to think about.
    When you step up to the line you should have a goal. It doesn't matter if you are shooting for trigger feel, gauging the reset, timed accuracy or whatever else. You will have either achieved your goal within ten rounds or you probably won't at all. That means the remaining rounds in the magazine are probably wasted, more or less.
    So, we decided to try loading just ten rounds in a mag for range trips. We found that it worked very well for us. We could still accomplish what we wanted but with at least some economy in ammo.

Alexis and I tend to short load magazines because it slows us down. Easier to focus and use ammo is used at a slower rate.

Agree with both of these sentiments.

I find that having more mags loaded with 10 is better than having fewer mags, loaded with more. As BA says, goals/focus areas for each mag are good. I struggle with this sometimes.

I hit MCF&G earlier today again and rang some steel (yes, taking Fridays off this month was a good decision). Also recommended INGO to a gentleman I met out there.
    Should be great weather for you guys at the shoot tomorrow. It was nice shooting today without sweat streaming down my face.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Alexis and I tend to short load magazines because it slows us down. Easier to focus and use ammo is used at a slower rate.

Yep, that's me, too. Also, I'm kinda OCD and loading only 10 rounds per mag lets me load 5 mags per box, instead of 3 mags and one short mag... ;)

If you all did not not notice, all internet transactions are now taxed by the state. Ordering ammo online you will now pay tax....No getting around it.

When did that start? I didn't notice anything when I ordered some a week and a half ago... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ll sometimes load only 5 to make a range trip last longer. 10 is the norm though. Unless it’s a 1911, then it’s generally 5 for the same reason WT speaks of. Keeping track of numbers is much easier when those numbers match the number of fingers I have.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If you all did not not notice, all internet transactions are now taxed by the state. Ordering ammo online you will now pay tax....No getting around it.

I knew this was coming but did it start today? I ordered ammo from Brownells and SGAmmo yesterday and neither charged sales tax.

KJ, I strongly recommend adding a cross piece/T front to back at the base of the left leg to serve the same purpose as the steel base on the right.

Also don't cut your hands when you pack it up after shooting...the legs will have a lot of sharp bullet fragments embedded in them.:yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the 10 round idea.

Often, I would load short from time to time but I believe I will start doing it consistently for range trips.

You guys are pretty darn smart.....

I topped off all the tanks for tomorrow. After the week I have had if this therapy session does not work I will be wondering off into the wilderness never to be seen again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom