Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Mine are loaded to 10rds each. Been doing them that way for awhile. Learned it from BA.

1. Forgive me for intruding: my ignorance and inexperience looms.
    2. Your are not loading up your mags to full capacity, I take it.
    3. Are you doing this to save wear and tear and for the long-life of the springs in your mags, or just to keep easier track of number of rounds when shooting?
    4. Depending on your answer to the above: what is the capacity of the mags you are loading to only 10 rounds?

My reasoning has nothing to do with magazines, springs, capacity, etc.
    When I was shooting regularly we would shoot every week at least once and often twice or more. We would exceed 1k rounds in a week more often than I would like to think about.
    When you step up to the line you should have a goal. It doesn't matter if you are shooting for trigger feel, gauging the reset, timed accuracy or whatever else. You will have either achieved your goal within ten rounds or you probably won't at all. That means the remaining rounds in the magazine are probably wasted, more or less.
    So, we decided to try loading just ten rounds in a mag for range trips. We found that it worked very well for us. We could still accomplish what we wanted but with at least some economy in ammo.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Mine are loaded to 10rds each. Been doing them that way for awhile. Learned it from BA.

1. Forgive me for intruding: my ignorance and inexperience looms.
    2. Your are not loading up your mags to full capacity, I take it.
    3. Are you doing this to save wear and tear and for the long-life of the springs in your mags, or just to keep easier track of number of rounds when shooting?
    4. Depending on your answer to the above: what is the capacity of the mags you are loading to only 10 rounds?

Alexis and I tend to short load magazines because it slows us down. Easier to focus and use ammo is used at a slower rate.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If you all did not not notice, all internet transactions are now taxed by the state. Ordering ammo online you will now pay tax....No getting around it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom