Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, I will see how far I can go sans pharmaceuticals. I'm hoping to forego them so I can also shoot.
    As for you getting together with the group, I am sure that will happen in the future. Remember, safety first, last and everywhere in between. The one thing that will get you invited is your focus on safety. The one thing that will guarantee your exclusion will be a lack thereof.

1. I totally so agree. I have no desire to be around a group of guys with loaded guns unless they were absolutely trained in safety, and I do understand that makes me suspect with my "entry-level" status.
    2. As an example, I would not want to go on a shooting expedition with people from work b/c of the safety reasons you mention.
    I have a "horror" story from going hunting with a group of guys in college with shotguns (rabbit or squirrel hunting, not remember), and one of them was a total arse about common sense safety: fortunately the gun did not discharge.
    3. My time with KJQ and Rhino last summer were both very instructive about keeping safety forefront.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. I totally so agree. I have no desire to be around a group of guys with loaded guns unless they were absolutely trained in safety, and I do understand that makes me suspect with my "entry-level" status.
    2. As an example, I would not want to go on a shooting expedition with people from work b/c of the safety reasons you mention.
    I have a "horror" story from going hunting with a group of guys in college with shotguns (rabbit or squirrel hunting, not remember), and one of them was a total arse about common sense safety: fortunately the gun did not discharge.
    3. My time with KJQ and Rhino last summer were both very instructive about keeping safety forefront.

Our get togethers have always been about having fun and burning off some stress. So no one wants to have to worry about someone doing something stupid with a gun. That's why most everyone gets vetted by one or more members of the group before they get invited to one of the group shoots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. I saw that myself and wondered if it had anything over the Shadow 2.
    2. I would never act on such thoughts w/o permission, of course: this being a CZ thread.
    3. I was disappointed it was only a 10 rounder, as compared to the Shadow's 17 round.

You can ask such things. No worries.

I am sure is is a very nice piece. 1911's are limited as to number of rounds as they are a single stack mag and the CZ is a double stack.
    Accuracy is in the hands of the operator.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Mine are loaded to 10rds each. Been doing them that way for awhile. Learned it from BA.

That's how I load mine.

1. Forgive me for intruding: my ignorance and inexperience looms.
    2. Your are not loading up your mags to full capacity, I take it.
    3. Are you doing this to save wear and tear and for the long-life of the springs in your mags, or just to keep easier track of number of rounds when shooting?
    4. Depending on your answer to the above: what is the capacity of the mags you are loading to only 10 rounds?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Mine are loaded to 10rds each. Been doing them that way for awhile. Learned it from BA.

1. Forgive me for intruding: my ignorance and inexperience looms.
    2. Your are not loading up your mags to full capacity, I take it.
    3. Are you doing this to save wear and tear and for the long-life of the springs in your mags, or just to keep easier track of number of rounds when shooting?
    4. Depending on your answer to the above: what is the capacity of the mags you are loading to only 10 rounds?

For me I load 10 rounds because it helps me keep track of number of rounds. My magazines hold everything from 10 rounds up to 18 rounds. They all get 10 except for the 32 round mags for the PCC. Those get 30 rounds.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Paint pens are a way around that, though I've already called Infantry Blue ;)

If I knew all of the colors that had been "called" already I would post them all.
    Here are the ones I know for sure are spoken for:

Orange
    Green
    Yellow
    Baby Blue
    Red Hash Marks (I'm not going to ask if and how he might mark his underwear)

I know there has to be more, if so please add to the list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom