mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I don't see the problem with turning on the furnace as needed... :dunno:

As soon as it drops into the low 50's or lower at night, I kick the furnace on, though I set the temp to 66. That way we don't wake up with the house 60. It wouldn't bother me, but the wife would disown me... :):

It’s a challenge. How late in the year can I go without turning the furnace on....I have a boring life have to find thrill in the little things.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have trouble sleeping in still air, so I have the ceiling fan running 365 days of the year. As temps drop, our bedroom gets pretty chilly at night, usually down to about 58 degrees. I tend to run on the hot side and usually sleep with just a sheet, but when the room is 58 with a stiff breeze blowing, it can really make you appreciate a good blanket in the middle of the night.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I definitely will be glad to see you again BA. It’s not the same when you are not able to be with us..

1. Best compliment you could give a person: I love the camaraderie evidenced while reading this thread, especially since I recognize many of the monikers and look forward to their input about everything guns and have even met some here and there through buying/selling or range time or the dinner last summer.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I agree
    dkOVhSA.jpg

...HUBBA...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mags are marked and at lunch today, I’ll work on loading them. Still not sure which AR to bring. It will either be the beater DPMS or the DD M4.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Wife made me turn the furnace on even though it was 68 in here. I suggested body heat. I won't repeat her reply....

1. I openly laughed at that one!
    2. Since my wife says I'm a relative furnace and gave a favorable comment last evening concerning the same: I told her to do whatever she needed to get warmed up! :rofl:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

1. I've been quietly following your journey and it made me wince when you mentioned the ulcer on top of everything else.
    2. I hope you can at least "drug up" and go be with your buddies, who obviously enjoy your company, even if you can't shoot (bummer).
    3. I would pay an "entrance fee" or even "penalty fee" :laugh: (which I'm sure would have to be paid in ammo :laugh6: , no cash) to be able to enjoy the day with this group of guys; it's a good thing there was a cap on the number of people or I'd be lurking. I still remember how much I learned with my couple of hours at KJQs (at his favorite range), and his toys were memorable. :ingo:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning all... :coffee:

Ironically, I have a group shoot with my team from work at Point Blank North today. I'd been discussing shooting after work with a couple of the team and decided to ask the new manager what she thought. Was happy to hear she was a 2A supporter as well and thought it would make a good team bonding event... :rockwoot:
    That is just awesome. We've talked about doing something like that here as most of the people in this building are pro 2A.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. I've been quietly following your journey and it made me wince when you mentioned the ulcer on top of everything else.
    2. I hope you can at least "drug up" and go be with your buddies, who obviously enjoy your company, even if you can't shoot (bummer).
    3. I would pay an "entrance fee" or even "penalty fee" :laugh: (which I'm sure would have to be paid in ammo :laugh6: , no cash) to be able to enjoy the day with this group of guys; it's a good thing there was a cap on the number of people or I'd be lurking. I still remember how much I learned with my couple of hours at KJQs (at his favorite range), and his toys were memorable. :ingo:

Thanks, I will see how far I can go sans pharmaceuticals. I'm hoping to forego them so I can also shoot.
    As for you getting together with the group, I am sure that will happen in the future. Remember, safety first, last and everywhere in between. The one thing that will get you invited is your focus on safety. The one thing that will guarantee your exclusion will be a lack thereof.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is just awesome. We've talked about doing something like that here as most of the people in this building are pro 2A.

Agreed, I certainly didn't expect it. My team is pretty small, only 5 people at this time. I'd been talking with a couple of them for a while trying to coordinate a range trip after work. One of my teammates suggested speaking with another, who is Indian. I had assumed she wouldn't want to go, but was pleasantly surprised that she wanted to learn to shoot. As soon as I found that out I asked my new manager her thoughts and was again pleasantly surprised when she said she thought it was a great idea, so that's how it turned out we were taking a half day to do lunch and then hit the range... :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Agreed, I certainly didn't expect it. My team is pretty small, only 5 people at this time. I'd been talking with a couple of them for a while trying to coordinate a range trip after work. One of my teammates suggested speaking with another, who is Indian. I had assumed she wouldn't want to go, but was pleasantly surprised that she wanted to learn to shoot. As soon as I found that out I asked my new manager her thoughts and was again pleasantly surprised when she said she thought it was a great idea, so that's how it turned out we were taking a half day to do lunch and then hit the range... :)

Very, very cool. I couldn't do that here. One of the bastages would probably try to take a shot at me. ;)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom