The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Does anyone have anything that needs run up to the Fort next weekend? I'm meeting T-D and Jon to pick up Shiney. I need to swing by the house of mouse here in the next week or so anyway, and can take part in the CZ train if needed.

Must be a spur of the Pantsless Railway. :dunno:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Another noob CZ question, sorry. I'm working on my pre-B 75. There are a few patches of surface rust, and a bit of minor pitting. Is it possible to sand off the pitting (very fine grain paper) without creating a bright polished area on the gun?

As to a pre-B, it seems like bluing would be more fitting than cerakoting, if I go the refinishing route.

Off to the range tomorrow to see if it cycles correctly, extracts casings, etc.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Another noob CZ question, sorry. I'm working on my pre-B 75. There are a few patches of surface rust, and a bit of minor pitting. Is it possible to sand off the pitting (very fine grain paper) without creating a bright polished area on the gun?

As to a pre-B, it seems like bluing would be more fitting than cerakoting, if I go the refinishing route.

Here is a thread that covers stripping and rust bluing. You can ignore the other parts. I really don't know what to tell you about the pitting.
    STRIPPING POLYCOAT & GUN BUILD

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    A person was murdered just down my road last night. Still no news this morning. This just goes to show that no matter where you live you need to stay aware of your surroundings.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

As pits are actually exactly what they sound like, "pits" in the metal. It's not possible to sand them off without creating an uneven finish. I am not familiar enough with the bluing process to know how or if they can fill in the pits. There are products out there that you can fill the pits should you choose to go with Cerakote.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    As pits are actually exactly what they sound like, "pits" in the metal. It's not possible to sand them off without creating an uneven finish. I am not familiar enough with the bluing process to know how or if they can fill in the pits. There are products out there that you can fill the pits should you choose to go with Cerakote.

Yeah, I actually think Cerakote is the way to go if it is badly pitted.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I installed one of the new Disco's from CGW with the new grind on the DA wing. It went into BA's tricked out satin nickel and like the on 88's gun the da went up from 5.5 to 6.3. I will try it on another compact and then will be talking to David in the near future!

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Late riser, morning fellers.

Pack-Indy loaned us one of the new disconnectors while he was up the other day. The only gun I had with me yesterday was my satin nickel compact. So, the Wizard is going to put that disco in it. I am very apprehensive this morning. I haven't heard if surgery has been performed yet or how the patient is. :nailbite:

Im anxious to hear how this turns out...crossing my fingers.

Sweet! Excited to hear the reports! I like that P-I guy. Don't tell him I said that though.
    Our little secret.
    He brings the best donuts and :coffee:
    Headed there this morning with my roommate.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I installed one of the new Disco's from CGW with the new grind on the DA wing. It went into BA's tricked out satin nickel and like the on 88's gun the da went up from 5.5 to 6.3. I will try it on another compact and then will be talking to David in the near future!
    Bummer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom