The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Well lets go shoot it

Oh, no problems there... :):

I need to go mix something up to drink. I think I'll go with a bit of bourbon and ice tonight. Maybe I'll change the recipe a bit and just keep the ice in the freezer. My favorite mixed drinks are the ones that have only one thing in them.

I did get this in today:

The photo does not really capture the bronze well. It's more of a dark bronze than the copper color that the photo seems to show. It's been detail stripped and cleaned and then lubed. To be honest, I think the CZ 1911 was a step up on this in the parts department. The frame and slide are both beautiful, with no tooling marks at all and the ignition components are all machined bar stock. It does have a true radius sear too, but the trigger is not as nice as the trigger on the CZ 1911A1. I did zero polishing while inside of it, but will tackle that sometime this month. I did swap the grips though, as it came with Hogue rubber grips. That's an odd choice for a $920 pistol. I would have liked to see it come with at least a set of double diamonds, but I look at them as being like G***k sights. They are there just to protect the gun until real ones can be sourced. Tom and I are going to break it in tomorrow morning. Mags are loaded and bags are packed.

I'm VERY excited to hit the range with Tim this morning. Very interested in running that DW :yesway:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy BA. Bet that was fun. I'm gonna attempt to put the old carpet and the rest of the interior back in the old green machine today. It's been rolling with the super ultra rare carpet delete and factory fresh air holes in the floors. :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Howdy BA. Bet that was fun. I'm gonna attempt to put the old carpet and the rest of the interior back in the old green machine today. It's been rolling with the super ultra rare carpet delete and factory fresh air holes in the floors. :):

Sounds custom. My Green Machine doesn't have wheels.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Fondled the stainless loaded again this morning while closing up the safe... I feel that one will get worked into the carry rotation at some point... So sweet in the hand.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm glad it found a good home.
    Me too. When I saw he posted it, I scrambled to figure out a way to bring it home. It took me a couple days to figure out and I was shocked it was still available. Having known that gun when it was stock, I knew I could not let it get away. She was sweet then, now it's just. :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom