The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Took the three remaining compacts to the range last night and put about 270 rounds through them. The satin nickel, after some months of retirement, is back in the carry rotation. Just can't leave it in the safe. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Happy Friday.

Big lack of sleep in our house this week, so I'm VERY happy it's finally Friday!

Took the three remaining compacts to the range last night and put about 270 rounds through them. The satin nickel, after some months of retirement, is back in the carry rotation. Just can't leave it in the safe. ;)

Nice to hear BA. I'm in awe of that gun :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I kinda want to change her name to Bandit. After the old Johnny Quest cartoon. ;) That black bushing reminds me of that.

IMG_0744_zpsyprtebir.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Congrats on the pre-B Cobber! Those clean up into someo of the nicest CZs around. I sure wish that you could buy them for under $300 again, but am damn happy I picked up 3 when you could.

The new DW arrives today! I hope it's as good as the CZ 1911. The only downside is that I'm starting to waffle on selling the R1S. I need to be strong though. There's a part of me that remembers the regret over selling the first 1911 I ever owned, a Springfield mil-spec. I do really like that gun despite it's looseness and it would make a good one go hand down to a family member some day. But, that's a dumb reason to keep a gun. Strong, I must be...

I've been in contact with David of CGW regarding the disconnector and he confirmed that they are the new cut, but that with disconnectors, there's no guarantee that it will react in a specific way in a CZ. There are so many variables in the gun that a thousandth of an inch here or there can totally change the feel of a pistol. I think that BA and Losey have discovered that already. It really does speak to how interesting these guns are to collect as no two seem to share the same feel even if you make the same mods to them.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    We've been shooting at relatively short ranges (old eyes). I have been told that the bushings really shine at greater distances. But, IMO, yes, these bushings seem to have tightened up my groups and I am a fan.

Thanks BA. That is encouraging that only a bushing swap helps accuracy instead of needing to swap barrels or other costly parts.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Be strong, 88. Be strong. Remember, the goal should not be to own all the toys in the world, but to have played with them all.

Sorry for all the reverse :koolaid: lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom