88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It was mostly quiet here last night. The big cell that was reporting large hail passed just north of us. The only thing we got was a bit of rain off and on through the night. Hopefully, WTB checks in Ok this morning. He was under the southern edge of it.

I think I made a mistake in ordering the thin profile grips for the project 1911. I was thinking that they would feel good over the Pierce grips, but they are feeling a bit thin. We'll see though, once I get the right grip bushings in. Overall, the project came out nicely. I still need to get the engraving done, but other than that and the grip issue, it's done. I'm thinking of driving down to NC in June to deliver it, but will bring it to the shoot when we get together.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Storm rolled in about the time I went to sleep last night and was going good by the time I nodded off. Not sure if we go any damage or anything... :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Anyone ever heard of a Galloway trigger for a P09? A guy on the CZ forum mentioned that he had done the Pro Package from CGW on his P09 and had a Galloway trigger. Below is the picture of the P09.

Home20full20setup_zpsmcmgevkp.jpg

Searching Google I came up with this but no mention of CZ.
    Search results :: Galloway Precision

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Anyone ever heard of a Galloway trigger for a P09? A guy on the CZ forum mentioned that he had done the Pro Package from CGW on his P09 and had a Galloway trigger. Below is the picture of the P09.

Home20full20setup_zpsmcmgevkp.jpg

Searching Google I came up with this but no mention of CZ.
    Search results :: Galloway Precision
    I have not heard of the Galloway trigger for those. I am familiar with Galloway Precision, but like you checked their site with no mention of anything CZ related. Google came up empty for me as well. :dunno:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm thinking about replacing some tupperware with some quality steel. Momma gave me the green light a few weeks ago to replace the G**** with the Shield. Well I bought the Shield, but still have the G****, and honestly considering letting it go. I like the Shield about 10x more than it. The Shield carries better and is more enjoyable to shoot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm thinking about replacing some tupperware with some quality steel. Momma gave me the green light a few weeks ago to replace the G**** with the Shield. Well I bought the Shield, but still have the G****, and honestly considering letting it go. I like the Shield about 10x more than it. The Shield carries better and is more enjoyable to shoot.

I love my Shield. Fantastic little gun. I prefer to OC, but when I have to CC, the Shield is great! :yesway:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You know Rusty approves of this, especially if you replace it with what you were considering last night.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You know Rusty approves of this, especially if you replace it with what you were considering last night.
    I can tell that my taste in firearms is evolving. I reviewed a list recently of the guns I owned in the past. There is an obvious trend. I imagine most serious gun owners follow a similar path.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning 88. Who are you going to have do the engraving?
    Right now, AllenM is looking to see if he can do it. What I want is pretty small and may be too small for the style engraving he does. It might have to be laser engraved, if engraved at all. That area at the back of the 1911 slide is smaller than I imagined it was given what I want to have put there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Agreed. I'm often tempted by the plastic, but then I remember all those late night talks you and I've had while in bed.
    I was at my house, on my couch, not sure what you were doing exactly and frankly that's your own business. I'm not here to judge. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I used to be completely anti-plastic. I have been reformed. I now have four plastic fantastic. That's probably one more than I need.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can tell that my taste in firearms is evolving. I reviewed a list recently of the guns I owned in the past. There is an obvious trend. I imagine most serious gun owners follow a similar path.

I started out with a 1911. My path did wonder as I progressed through my life. Wheel guns/brownings/a few sigs/I actually did own a glock at one point but never ever really liked it.

I have now settled into settled down as to calibers/platforms.
    2 CZ's......most likely the only 2 I will own from now on.
    My beloved 1911's.......numbers will vary.
    I slipped and ended up with a Bad Ass 2011.....:)

As to hand guns that is about the end of it.
    Rifles......AR's/12 gauge/22's/.308 bolt gun.
    The AR's will rotate but the 12's and the 2 rim fires will remain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom