Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You are amazingly good with anything you pick up. I have seen it for myself on several occasions.

Thanks BA, I appreciate that :)

I go through periods of shooting well and not shooting well. Now that I'm a stones throw from 50, my eyes are starting to go, which makes things a bit more challenging. I was happy with the trip to PB yesterday as I shot slightly better than normal and that was at 10 yards instead of my normal 7 yards :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks BA, I appreciate that :)

I go through periods of shooting well and not shooting well. Now that I'm a stones throw from 50, my eyes are starting to go, which makes things a bit more challenging. I was happy with the trip to PB yesterday as I shot slightly better than normal and that was at 10 yards instead of my normal 7 yards :yesway:

My eyes are a huge factor.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's about the only thing I really dislike about the CZs. The stock sights really suck and some of the after market ones aren't really all that much better.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just recently started to ride the safety on my 1911's. The addition of the bigger safety's makes this possible but years of running MilSpecs had me using a completely different grip.

I kind of wish I'd never started riding the safety, as it really messed with me when I pick up a gun without an oversized safety to rest my thumb on. It just feels so natural now though. I was impressed with the safety on the P226 Legion SAO that I rented yesterday. It had a nice, oversized safety that was very comfortable for me to use. Add in the thinner grip than the normal P226, plus the really nice sights and great flat trigger and the gun was very, very nice. Definitely on my shortlist of guns I must own :rockwoot:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's about the only thing I really dislike about the CZs. The stock sights really suck and some of the after market ones aren't really all that much better.

I agree with that. The mepros on my P-01 are good, but not great. I'd love something more like the Trijicon HD for the P-01. Also found out I like the FO sights more than I thought I would. redwingshooter had a red FO on the front on his G34 (I think) and I could see it better than most of the sights on my guns (aside from the Trijicon HD's on my Shield that is)...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I agree with that. The mepros on my P-01 are good, but not great. I'd love something more like the Trijicon HD for the P-01. Also found out I like the FO sights more than I thought I would. redwingshooter had a red FO on the front on his G34 (I think) and I could see it better than most of the sights on my guns (aside from the Trijicon HD's on my Shield that is)...
    I have a set of TFO fiber optics on the Beast. They are the best sights I have.

Of course, they don't make them for CZs anymore.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    In crappy lighting at some of the local indoor ranges I have issues seeing the sights.

Yep, right there with you. I was impressed with the sights on that Legion P226. They call them "SIG SAUER® Electro-optics X-RAY™ High Visibility Day/Night Sights" which is marketing speak, but they are pretty nice.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need to pull the slides on the two new milsurps and change the recoil springs. I can't afford full upgrades for them yet but I may have to go ahead and invest in better sights. They both have horrible old sights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to pull the slides on the two new milsurps and change the recoil springs. I can't afford full upgrades for them yet but I may have to go ahead and invest in better sights. They both have horrible old sights.

They did not seem to consider us :fogey: when they designed many of the guns in those days.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Did you guys see the pic of my HD toys yesterday?

IMG_0615_zpsllvj9aoe.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Looks like a really nice gun, Tom.

I never got into the Sig P226, even though they're decent guns. The higher bore axis and ugly slab side look just didn't do much for me. I shot a P226 a buddy just picked up last week and was underwhelmed. Nice gun, just not something that I was interested in. The Legion P226 SAO is a much different beast. The high bore axis and slab sides still felt a bit odd, but I couldn't argue with the results. Shooting decently rapid fire at 10 yards I was able to keep a smaller group than I can manage even with my 1911's, which is saying something. It'll be a while before I can pick one up though, unless I decide to part with 2 or 3 guns from my current collection...

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Did you guys see the pic of my HD toys yesterday?

IMG_0615_zpsllvj9aoe.jpg
    Good morning guys:coffee:Nice trio BA hard to beat the CZ! On the shooting conversation, never will be what I would consider a good shot but have vastly improved in the short time being in the hobby. Went thru much money at first searching for the perfect trigger and will say the CZs and very nice 1911s are in my opinion some of the finest but after a couple rounds can shoot the common Glock just about as well. CM is on the money with the muscle memory theory!psyko

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not sure what to bring for you to shoot. I don't currently have an SP01. :dunno:

BA, just bring whatever you like. I agree with WTB that any of your tricked out 75B's would give me a good comparison to my stock one. If nothing else I'd just like to have a good time shooting with some good people.

CM, that sounds awesome! I'd love to meet you as well! Looking forward to it and hopefully seeing the 2011 if you feel so inclined to show it off! Lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom