Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Wizard and I are both attending. He has his Shadow but that, as you know, is not really a fair comparison to a stock SP01.

That's true, I didn't think of that. I believe though, that he'll get a very good idea just trying various cajunized pieces. Not all of us are up to your level of being able to tell minute differences in the trigger. Well, I'm speaking for myself anyway... :):

Oh, and good morning. ;)

Good morning to you as well :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's true, I didn't think of that. I believe though, that he'll get a very good idea just trying various cajunized pieces. Not all of us are up to your level of being able to tell minute differences in the trigger. Well, I'm speaking for myself anyway... :):

I am, by far, the least talented shooter in the group.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, that is the result of my failed experiment/plan. The Wizard and I laugh about this sometimes. I wanted all of my guns triggers to be as close to identical as I could possibly make them. The idea being an extension of the saying "beware of the man with one gun because he probably knows how to use it". I thought if I achieved this then any gun I had with me would be that "one gun". What it really does is make you very sensitive to the minor nuances of each gun/trigger. So, mission sort of accomplished but not really. Oh well, I thought the theory was pretty solid. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, that is the result of my failed experiment/plan. The Wizard and I laugh about this sometimes. I wanted all of my guns triggers to be as close to identical as I could possibly make them. The idea being an extension of the saying "beware of the man with one gun because he probably knows how to use it". I thought if I achieved this then any gun I had with me would be that "one gun". What it really does is make you very sensitive to the minor nuances of each gun/trigger. So, mission sort of accomplished but not really. Oh well, I thought the theory was pretty solid. :dunno:

I have attempted this as well with my 1911's but as you say, they are all each and to their own. Just enough of a personality that it can be detected.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My philosophy was much different. I wanted to be able to pick up pretty much any gun and be able to shoot decently with it. I've been pretty successful with that, as I can shoot a handgun with a tricked out 2lb trigger, or a gun with a crappy trigger like a S&W SD9VE (8 - 10lb trigger stock) and be reasonably accurate with both. I'll shoot the gun with the nicer trigger better, but will still do well with the gun with a crap trigger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My philosophy was much different. I wanted to be able to pick up pretty much any gun and be able to shoot decently with it. I've been pretty successful with that, as I can shoot a handgun with a tricked out 2lb trigger, or a gun with a crappy trigger like a S&W SD9VE (8 - 10lb trigger stock) and be reasonably accurate with both. I'll shoot the gun with the nicer trigger better, but will still do well with the gun with a crap trigger.

Muscle memory plays into this.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't do that. You have very good fundamentals and it pays off for you. :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That was my hope, to learn proper techniques that work across a broad spectrum of guns. It's not easy sometimes, as I'm so used to riding the safety on 1911's now that I have to think when I pick up a gun with a decocker. Still working on it... ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That was my hope, to learn proper techniques that work across a broad spectrum of guns. It's not easy sometimes, as I'm so used to riding the safety on 1911's now that I have to think when I pick up a gun with a decocker. Still working on it... ;)
    You are amazingly good with anything you pick up. I have seen it for myself on several occasions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I just recently started to ride the safety on my 1911's. The addition of the bigger safety's makes this possible but years of running MilSpecs had me using a completely different grip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom