Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Picked this guy up today. Should make for some cheap training at the range. It fits my holster that I already have for the Springer. This is actually my 3rd GSG 1911-22 that I have owned. I put the old grips from the Springer onto this, much better gooder.

attachment.php

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't think I've ever shot a full size 1911 in .22lr. Looks like it could be a lot of fun. A CMMG .22lr kit in an AR is a whole lot of fun too, but a .22lr 1911 might be the ultimate plinking gun.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't think I've ever shot a full size 1911 in .22lr. Looks like it could be a lot of fun. A CMMG .22lr kit in an AR is a whole lot of fun too, but a .22lr 1911 might be the ultimate plinking gun.
    I remember the previous two that I owned as being very accurate, but ammo picky. I have more knowledge now than before and more ammo to choose from. So I'm thinking I will have any ammo issues that might arise covered. Also it appears that GSG has made an improvement in the slide. The area on the slide where the slide release lever contacts, there is now two steel pin inserts. I don't remember that being there before and remember the slide getting chewed up in that area.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just ordered a pair of AR 16" mid length uppers from PSA. One step closer to finishing Christmas shopping while parts are still available to be had. I don't know that I trust AR availability after November. I just need a couple more parts and those project sets will be complete and just waiting on wrapping paper.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good call. I just ordered an AR from them last week. I am looking at getting another upper and lower build kit for when the second run of INGO lowers comes around. The way I look at it, with 3 of the 4 leading candidates I think bad things could happen. With one of them I am just suspicious that bad things will happen. With 2 of them, I am absolutely certain bad things will happen. It is my opinion that with the way the political landscape in this country is moving, when we get the next AWB, it will likely be for good. I am going at it with the mindset that whatever I have in November may very well all I have ever. Maybe a little paranoid, but I don't think it is all that far fetched.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Great time at the range today, both times. Point Blank Greenwood has the Sig P226 Legion SAO in the rental case and I rented it today. Holy crap. I'm not normally a fan of the P226 but that thing is SICK! Gonna start saving my pennies up for one :D

Met redwingshooter and let him shoot my cajun babies and got to shoot his completely modified G34. Nice day! :rockwoot:

Want to send a big "thank you" out to WTB for letting me shoot his two CZ's today. I'm not a huge fan of anything below a full size but his two compacts were pretty slick. Definitely like the P-09 better than the 40P (forgive me if I got the designations wrong), but then again I'm not a huge fan of the 40 S&W anyway. I can tell the difference between a stock and tuned CZ now, that's for sure. We also met up with Indyglockguy (again sorry if I got the screen name wrong), who pretty much showed me exactly what my G34 is capable of. I was in the presence of much better shooters than myself today and I'm totally ok with that. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations", and I'm well aware that my level of pistol shooting is below a lot of other people's (I have a recoil anticipation flinch that I'm trying to work out with snap caps). That being said, I'd say I shot the P-09 and the G34 "about" the same with maybe a slight edge to the P-09. Thanks again WTB for letting me shoot your babies!

As for the Sig I put all of 5 rounds through it because it was WTB's rental and I didn't want to shoot up all of the ammo he bought for it. I was also impressed with it. The trigger was, well, different to say the least. It was a flat trigger which I was not used to but it was a very clean break and pretty light. The thinner grips on the 226 made it a lot more comfortable to shoot than your standard P-226. It was definitely a very slick gun and you will pay for it to say the least.

Really looking forward to next weekend when I get to shoot with BA and the wizard and see their CZ's!

So, I'll throw this out to the thread to get everyone's opinion. If I were to make the switch to a CZ for USPSA production I'm guessing I would want the SP 01 tactical? I want the steel frame and the decocker (saw a gentleman get DQ'ed from a ND at my last competition when he was lowering the hammer on his 75B before the start of a classifier). Don't think I can spring over $1500 for the accu shadow or accu target, so let's just leave those out of the conversation. Thanks for all the input everyone!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Want to send a big "thank you" out to WTB for letting me shoot his two CZ's today. I'm not a huge fan of anything below a full size but his two compacts were pretty slick. Definitely like the P-09 better than the 40P (forgive me if I got the designations wrong), but then again I'm not a huge fan of the 40 S&W anyway. I can tell the difference between a stock and tuned CZ now, that's for sure. We also met up with Indyglockguy (again sorry if I got the screen name wrong), who pretty much showed me exactly what my G34 is capable of. I was in the presence of much better shooters than myself today and I'm totally ok with that. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations", and I'm well aware that my level of pistol shooting is below a lot of other people's (I have a recoil anticipation flinch that I'm trying to work out with snap caps). That being said, I'd say I shot the P-09 and the G34 "about" the same with maybe a slight edge to the P-09. Thanks again WTB for letting me shoot your babies!

As for the Sig I put all of 5 rounds through it because it was WTB's rental and I didn't want to shoot up all of the ammo he bought for it. I was also impressed with it. The trigger was, well, different to say the least. It was a flat trigger which I was not used to but it was a very clean break and pretty light. The thinner grips on the 226 made it a lot more comfortable to shoot than your standard P-226. It was definitely a very slick gun and you will pay for it to say the least.

Really looking forward to next weekend when I get to shoot with BA and the wizard and see their CZ's!

So, I'll throw this out to the thread to get everyone's opinion. If I were to make the switch to a CZ for USPSA production I'm guessing I would want the SP 01 tactical? I want the steel frame and the decocker (saw a gentleman get DQ'ed from a ND at my last competition when he was lowering the hammer on his 75B before the start of a classifier). Don't think I can spring over $1500 for the accu shadow or accu target, so let's just leave those out of the conversation. Thanks for all the input everyone!

I may well be attending that meeting as well....:)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Picked this guy up today. Should make for some cheap training at the range. It fits my holster that I already have for the Springer. This is actually my 3rd GSG 1911-22 that I have owned. I put the old grips from the Springer onto this, much better gooder.

attachment.php

I have one of these (Sig label, but the same thing). It is my favorite .22 to shoot. I even like it better than the Ruger Single Six Convertible, and I do's love my revolvers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Not sure what to bring for you to shoot. I don't currently have an SP01. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

You're quite welcome. It was good meeting you and thanks for letting me shoot your G34. That was a lot of fun. I honestly thought you were shooting as well as I was, though I'll agree Indy was shooting better than both of us :)

Not sure what to bring for you to shoot. I don't currently have an SP01. :dunno:

Doesn't the Wizard have a SP-01? If you both go, he'll see why the SP-01 is so popular in competition. If not, I think any of your cajunized 75B's would give him an idea anyway.

:coffee:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom