• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning Rusty. How are the bikes coming along?
    Morning again. Dozed off again...

I won my battle last night, I guess I really dont need all the supplied hardware right? I figured out a way to make it work, it's not pretty but it'll run. Calling this one "done" for now.

1928 Schwinn running brand new 700c wheelset with 2 speed kick back rear hub. In all its rusty glory.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is how I got that one. Originally this bike would have come with 28" metal clad wooden wheels, however tires are really expensive for those so I opted to go this route instead. Makes it much more rideable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning again. Dozed off again...

I won my battle last night, I guess I really dont need all the supplied hardware right? I figured out a way to make it work, it's not pretty but it'll run. Calling this one "done" for now.

1928 Schwinn running brand new 700c wheelset with 2 speed kick back rear hub. In all its rusty glory.

"SUCCESS".........................:woot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning all! :coffee:

That turned out really well Rusty. The desire to keep an 88 year old bike on the road is kind of why I keep plugging away at that old '68 Spider in the garage. I don't want it to end its 48 year life in my hands if it still has life left in it.

Now, that's a tempting one to bid on BA. I've been missing my Compact since my son 'borrowed' it last year. And, I like shiny things.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Back away slowly. That's on my watch list too.:draw:
    Morning all! :coffee:

That turned out really well Rusty. The desire to keep an 88 year old bike on the road is kind of why I keep plugging away at that old '68 Spider in the garage. I don't want it to end its 48 year life in my hands if it still has life left in it.

Now, that's a tempting one to bid on BA. I've been missing my Compact since my son 'borrowed' it last year. And, I like shiny things.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hello everybody. My name is Chad, and I have a problem. I know fully well that getting my first CZ is likely to blow into a full addiction. I know that the $550 RAMI I'm looking at will likely cost around $1000 when CGW is done with it. I know the RAMI will lead to more and more CZs. What's even worse is I think I want to get into 1911s and they are more of the same. I know all of this, and I am going to go ahead and do it anyway. That probably makes me more CZick than people that unknowingly catch the CZickness.

I'm sure I can rely on all of you for support through this trying time as I realize my problem.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I look forward to getting into these new addictions. I've done the polymer striker fired guns and while there is really nothing wrong with them, they have started to become pretty boring. It's time to step my game up!

I am am moving back to Indiana next week after living in FL for the last five years, and I decided I'd get myself a homecoming gift. I've pretty much convinced myself that a RAMI will be that gift. I still need to decide on a safety or decocker. I know there is a recent thread about that very topic.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Great time at the range today, both times. Point Blank Greenwood has the Sig P226 Legion SAO in the rental case and I rented it today. Holy crap. I'm not normally a fan of the P226 but that thing is SICK! Gonna start saving my pennies up for one :D

Met redwingshooter and let him shoot my cajun babies and got to shoot his completely modified G34. Nice day! :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hello everyone........My name is "churchmouse" and I am an addict...............:n00b:

the weekly meetings of 1911's anonomouse are on Tuesday nights in the Church basement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom