• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm adapting modern brand new wheels onto a 1928 bicycle. Had to grind down half the teeth on the rear sprocket so I could run the original 1" pitch chain. Now I'm trying to figure out how to put the front wheel on.... Sounds easy right? Wrong... Back then, they did not slot the forks, so the hub must be disassembled and the axle slid through the fork, but these modern wheels use sealed bearings and a flanged axle.... Do not want to modify the bike, so I'm trying to figure out how to modify the axle to make it work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm adapting modern brand new wheels onto a 1928 bicycle. Had to grind down half the teeth on the rear sprocket so I could run the original 1" pitch chain. Now I'm trying to figure out how to put the front wheel on.... Sounds easy right? Wrong... Back then, they did not slot the forks, so the hub must be disassembled and the axle slid through the fork, but these modern wheels use sealed bearings and a flanged axle.... Do not want to modify the bike, so I'm trying to figure out how to modify the axle to make it work.

You will make it happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom