Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Rusty, the memory is the second thing to go when you get old. I don't remember what the first one was though.

I was shooting with irons out to 270 the other night. Sights were perfectly clear. :stickpoke:

I don't see you point here.

get it? I don't SEE your point? I crack myself up sometimes :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've decided what to do with my pre-B. I'm going to go with satin black and cajunize the internals. Once I get it polished internally and blasted, I'll take it out to AllenM to see if there's anything we can do with the sights. It might take a bit of time to build the fun budget for this, but it should be an interesting project. Anyone know what sight options exist for a pre-B? I know that there's nothing you can do with the stock sights, but has anyone seen a pre-B cut for Novaks?

Oh, and I should add that having work done by a gunsmith with talent is almost as addicting as buying the things themselves.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I will just leave this one here for now

mRslVJhh.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been working on the Springer project tonight and am really liking how it's coming out. I have it together and everything is fit up quite nicely. I got past most of the tightness by lubing the rails with a bit of polishing compound and cycling it a bunch. The safety is still a bit stiff and the barrel lugs are a bit tight, but that will self correct with shooting.

I really love putting a project together like this and am looking at the gun safe a bit differently tonight. If I look at what is in there in terms of project potential, then what is neither loved or a project in the waiting may be easier to part with. Maybe it's time to part with the Ed Brown and put the money into about 5 other projects that would be more fun to shoot. I sure do love a good project.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a list of things I want to do, not talking major projects here, but a good amount of money added up. I just don't know what to start with. One of the things will set me back $700 to start with (the CZ 97). The other big thing is putting a different stock ($210) and scope ($330) on my M1A.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a list of things I want to do, not talking major projects here, but a good amount of money added up. I just don't know what to start with. One of the things will set me back $700 to start with (the CZ 97). The other big thing is putting a different stock ($210) and scope ($330) on my M1A.
    :runaway:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been working on the Springer project tonight and am really liking how it's coming out. I have it together and everything is fit up quite nicely. I got past most of the tightness by lubing the rails with a bit of polishing compound and cycling it a bunch. The safety is still a bit stiff and the barrel lugs are a bit tight, but that will self correct with shooting.

I really love putting a project together like this and am looking at the gun safe a bit differently tonight. If I look at what is in there in terms of project potential, then what is neither loved or a project in the waiting may be easier to part with. Maybe it's time to part with the Ed Brown and put the money into about 5 other projects that would be more fun to shoot. I sure do love a good project.
    I'm currently looking at my RAMI. Thinking it needs a change. I've been thinking about stripping the frame. Then that leaves the slide... And of course I'd like to further her Cajun surgery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom