The Czickness LIV….Hello, my name is (insert fake name here) and I am a CZicko.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Nothing makes our dog hide faster than the words, "ready for your shower?".

Hank looks like he'd be happy with just a dip in the pond?
    Yes he is. Or running in the creek, or a mud puddle.
    He doesn't like the rain though. It's funny he won't go outside if it's raining unless I go then he'll follow.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Morning everyone

Today is new gun day. Okay, actually it's get my old gun back day. After my accident, prior to getting into the ambulance, I gave the PD my P365XL. They had to hold it for 10 days. That didn't seem unreasonable to me, and this is why we have more than one gun we can carry. I wonder if they'll let me use their indoor range for the inconvenience?
    I have to wonder under what State or Federal Law gives them the right to hold your firearm.
    Do you think it was fired under there care?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Today is Remy’s ‘spa’ day. The groomer we have used for years started a mobile service last year and come to our door. Remy likes her and behaves pretty well.
    If your groomer does nails, send him/her over to our place...

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of a Pittie like nail clippers (or rain, or dark, or any object not normally in THAT place, or something moving or or or or or).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have to wonder under what State or Federal Law gives them the right to hold your firearm.
    Having a firearm on your person is a huge issue for the Paramedics and/or other first responders on the scene while they are providing care and transporting. Firearms are also not permitted in the hospital.

They don't know you, your mental state or your degree of injury.

Once you surrender that weapon to a law enforcement agency, it is reasonable due diligence to makes sure you and the firearm are legal.

No...I can't quote the legal statutes.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yeah, I wasn't thrilled about it either, I just wasn't in the arguing mood at the time. I later found out they took a knife from my saddlebag into evidence as well. I don't know if that falls into illegal search and seizure or not. Maybe they didn't want the tow company to have the knife? I will mention that to them today though.
    No, once you fall down and parts hurt, it takes the starch out of most of us. BTDT

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Having a firearm on your person is a huge issue for the Paramedics and/or other first responders on the scene while they are providing care and transporting. Firearms are also not permitted in the hospital.

Once you surrender that weapon to a law enforcement agency, it is reasonable due diligence to makes sure you and the firearm are legal.

My personal opinion, and worth what you paid for it, is they ought to have it back the next day. No excuse for keeping a man's personal protection for any longer than it takes him to exit the hospital.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I can't answer either of those. I advised all of the emergency crew that I had my gun on me and voluntarily gave it to them, because I knew it was going to be an issue at the hospital. The next day is when they told me that 10 days was policy. Whether their own, state or federal, I don't know.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My personal opinion, and worth what you paid for it, is they ought to have it back the next day. No excuse for keeping a man's personal protection for any longer than it takes him to exit the hospital.
    My guess is that the 10 days is an arbitrary amount of time chosen to provide ample time for the department to allocate its resources to the task....but, yea, you would think a couple days and get it back.

I am sure there are chain of custody requirement for the officer and department that makes the possession of a legal firearm as much a pain for them as the owner.

I spent months trying to get firearms back from Indy PD in the late 90's but that is story for another day. Don't me started on the damaged they inflicted while in their possession....

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Im going to go with, its rules that someone made up along the way. It's your personal property sir.

Well, I just don't agree. We have firearms in Indiana, if it's going to leave your care like all of your other personal items on you it should follow with you.
    And no, LE has no business seeing if your firearm is legal with whatever that means.

I can hear it on "Cops" next week, your handgun is suspected of committing a crime. It's under arrest, now we are going to run it through the computer and do ballistic tests on it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My guess is that the 10 days is an arbitrary amount of time chosen to provide ample time for the department to allocate its resources to the task....but, yea, you would think a couple days and get it back.

I am sure there are chain of custody requirement for the officer and department that makes the possession of a legal firearm as much a pain for them as the owner.

I spent months trying to get firearms back from Indy PD in the late 90's but that is story for another day. Don't me started on the damaged they inflicted while in their possession....
    Yep, I had some stolen and a few recovered by the Sheriff's dept at home.
    The firearms room floor had about 2 plus feet of rifles piled up.
    It was about a year for me after I was given a letter of release from the States Attorneys Office.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would say state. Years ago I bought a Luger from a dealer at the 1500 and shortly thereafter a sheriff was at my door wanting the gun as when I filed the old Indiana state paperwork on it the serial number came up as stolen. I called the dealer, who I knew, and expressed my displeasure over being sold a stolen gun.

Some months later the sheriff was back with the gun apologizing as the serial number had been misread. I called the dealer and apologized for my unpleasant conversation and we both had a laugh over the whole episode. I still have the Luger, it's my only one.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I would say state. Years ago I bought a Luger from a dealer at the 1500 and shortly thereafter a sheriff was at my door wanting the gun as when I filed the old Indiana state paperwork on it the serial number came up as stolen. I called the dealer, who I knew, and expressed my displeasure over being sold a stolen gun.

Some months later the sheriff was back with the gun apologizing as the serial number had been misread. I called the dealer and apologized for my unpleasant conversation and we both had a laugh over the whole episode. I still have the Luger, it's my only one.
    Ok, but yours was a FFL sale, thats a different animal all together.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ok, but yours was a FFL sale, thats a different animal all together.

He sold to me FFL to FFL at the show and I later transferred with 4473 and state paperwork to myself. As I retained the 4473 the only government agency that knew of the sale was the state. That 3 part form has long since been abandoned, but was still around in the 70s and 80s.

I was a little embarrassed about being angry with the dealer.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    He sold to me FFL to FFL at the show and I later transferred with 4473 and state paperwork to myself. As I retained the 4473 the only government agency that knew of the sale was the state. That 3 part form has long since been abandoned, but was still around in the 70s and 80s.

I was a little embarrassed about being angry with the dealer.
    LOL, I feel your pain. I have written two bad checks in my life, one to my local speed shop as a kid for some car parts that was owned by a family friend and another to my great uncle in his gun store.
    Those also were great incoming phone calls.

Top Bottom