The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As long as you hit what you aim at, that's what is important. I just do not want to depend on anything for my life that contains batteries. I have a couple Aimpoints on rifles but absolute cowitness is a must for me.
    Being able to see the sights through the optic is a good thing on a handgun, but everything I see says trying to slave the dot to the sights on a handgun is going about it incorrectly. Different on a rifle of course.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My eyes focus very slowly and struggle to focus on a distant object when other things are in the foreground. Not a good combination for shooting.

I have been to two eye doctors - neither presented a solution short of replacement lenses and I am not willing to do that.

...but that chevron reticle is still the bees knees.

Bees? Get it? This is a "Are you following the thread closely test? lol

I had very good results with lens replacement, for cataracts I would give it a solid endorsement.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    No idea really, it's the first time I've seen one. The game camera we use to watch the garden for raccoons picked it up. It's certainly colorful whatever it is and would look better if MM photography had taken the picture instead of critter cam.
    I recently learned of this app ... Merlin Bird ID ... the person who showed this to me was recording birds to learn what was in the vicinity. After the app analyized the recording, it showed pictures of the birds that were singing.
    There are also other was to identify birds with this app.

Give it a whirl, and let us know how it worked for you.

FWIW, the person who showed me this app noted that you might want to add more than just the local map because we get so many migration birds.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    As long as you hit what you aim at, that's what is important. I just do not want to depend on anything for my life that contains batteries. I have a couple Aimpoints on rifles but absolute cowitness is a must for me.
    Everything I have with a dot had iron sights as well. Just I now have to look for those.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Anybody changed out their Scorpion trigger with one of these

And their spring kit?

Also anyone used one of these before? Thoughts?
    I haven't done anything with my trigger yet, been looking at the Timney for my Scorpions. Also looking at the Timney for my AR as well.

Though I have also been looking at the Rise Armament for an AR trigger.

As far as the 3 Lug adaptor, I haven't used it as mine doesn't have a 3 lug on it. I did use the other adaptor for the pistol when I took it from normal length barrel to a Micro-K barrel.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Absolutely agree on the rifles!

Were gonna agree to disagree on the cowitness of irons on a pistol though.
    Battery failure is a real thing, I will give you that. And that can be legitimate enough reason to disagree with me on the cowitness thing.

If you got good at shooting with iron sights on your pistol, like competitive fast and accurate, and you try to switch to a red dot, you are still a slave to that front sight that you think you have to focus on.

When you never got good with irons (some people now, the great majority coming down the pipeline) but you can shoot a dot gun proficiently, it’s because you are just focusing on the target, and you see (not focus, just see) a red dot pass over the target, it’s time to pull the trigger.

I’ve heard a lot of people that took time to get good with a dot talk about learning presentation. Almost like it wasn’t a thing when they were shooting irons. That presentation is a real difference maker, even when the dot is occluded or the batteries die.

Just my experience.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I hope this is helpful its the best I could think of for a visual aid.

View attachment 357482
    Forgive my drawing skills. I tried to find lids that was basically the same size at the different ranges. The 25yds 8" I did not have so I did my best.

Inside 15yards you can hit the torso very easily and quickly with the 32moa circle.

That small head circle is actually 3yds not 5yds.
    I understood the concept but your drawing really clarifies things and adds perspective.

I like the challenge of shooting one hole or holes touching at close distances, or still relatively tight groups when you add in speed and distance, so I’m gonna stay a dot fan.
    But I think your logic is solid for your combat accurate goals, especially with the astigmatism.

I have heard people talk about certain brands were better or worse for astigmatism, but that was on rifle dots, not sure if that carries through to pistols.
    I know my Eotech dot is very fine and sharp compared to the Romeo’s.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is 1 shot from draw standing as fast as possible 5yds.
    The first 3 lower left shots was plain awful (Head). I had to slow down a little to start placing them where I wanted.
    This is my first time running a MRDS at self-defense speed. It's a work in progress, and it's going to take awhile to get adjusted after 40+ years of using iron sights on handguns.
    A lot of room to improve. I'll still be using iron sights on my CZ P10F until I get better with the MRDS.
    18rds from my Dagger with MRDS. Group minus the 3 really bad shots was 3.090"

The torso shots were 8 shots 3.087"
    I was using the 32moa circle instead of the dot.
    20240608_094300.jpg

Top Bottom