The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning all. 6 hour trip for a t-ball game on todays schedule. Woohoo. But breakfast was good. 3 egg fried apple and Dubliner cheese omelet, bacon, Toasted Daves bread with red raspberry preserves and Kona coffee. Barb is eating cereal. :facepalm:
    T-ball: 30 minutes of fun and entertainment that takes 60 minutes....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So tech guys....is the following processor not Windows 11 compatible because they stopped Service Updates in 2022?

Haven't compared the pre-reqs to what this chip offers, but there is some info here:

Than then points to this https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...pported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors for the supported list of processors for Win 11.

I don't see it there, but as to why, not sure from just a quick review.

There are ways published out on the internet on bypassing the CPU and other hardware reqs for Win11, but I have not tried any of them.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Haven't compared the pre-reqs to what this chip offers, but there is some info here:

Than then points to this https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...pported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors for the supported list of processors for Win 11.

I don't see it there, but as to why, not sure from just a quick review.

There are ways published out on the internet on bypassing the CPU and other hardware reqs for Win11, but I have not tried any of them.
    It is a four core chip which meets all the performance benchmarks so I am guessing the Servicing is the issue - which means a second new PC this week. Sigh....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just built a new computer like 2 or 3 years ago and it comes up as not being able to run Windows 11 either. Good thing I run Linux instead. I only keep a Windows drive around because the scanner on my laser printer doesn't support Linux.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I just built a new computer like 2 or 3 years ago and it comes up as not being able to run Windows 11 either. Good thing I run Linux instead. I only keep a Windows drive around because the scanner on my laser printer doesn't support Linux.
    It is a HUGE scam to create computer sales.

Where are the RICO lawsuits?

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I’ve contemplated installing Linux on my 2015 MacBook Pro. What would you recommend?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’ve contemplated installing Linux on my 2015 MacBook Pro. What would you recommend?

Sorry Chris, that's outside my area of expertise. Macs are proprietary and while it's possible in some cases to install Linux, you'll need to research if it's possible for your particular hardware.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Photography friends I need some advice. My wife has a canon rebel somethinf or other and these two lenses. She wants something that would be between the two. Needs a little more zoom than what small one offers but the bigger one is a little much.
    View attachment 354160
    @MindfulMan @88E30M50 could probably answer that. Quite the camera gurus.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Photography friends I need some advice. My wife has a canon rebel somethinf or other and these two lenses. She wants something that would be between the two. Needs a little more zoom than what small one offers but the bigger one is a little much.
    View attachment 354160
    @MindfulMan @88E30M50 could probably answer that. Quite the camera gurus.

I would investigate one of the new 'Mirrorless' cameras from a major manufacturer (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc.). They are small in stature, usually come with an adequate manageable zoom, and are the wave of the future.
    DSLR's and even small cameras will fall to 'mirrorless'. Of course, many phones are quite capable these days.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm back from the green jungle of southern IN.
    Birds were aplenty, and the cabin is mostly sheathed in green.

Tufted Titmouse

3H4A3137%20copy-X2.jpg

Meadow and cabin.

i-QcggZr9-L.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    View attachment 354160
    Those are much newer than I'm into. I do find that even on my old film cameras, something along the lines of a 35mm-105mm zoom is a very flexible everyday shooting lens.

Top Bottom