The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Its not the words that make the adult, it is the respect that makes people want to listen to the words.

For example, look how intently everyone is listening to this guy talk? Any idea who is? Sure seems like an adult?

View attachment 353267
    Nah, that dude looks like a clown.
    Definitely a child. Look at the trigger finger discipline!!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Morning all. Haven’t had the time to thank Rick and Barb for their hospitality and letting me stay in their home. Was great to see everyone again. Was able to run the Canik TTI and was hitting steel at 80 yards with little effort. I did make a Pantless Highway delivery on the 3 hour drive back north and was able to make grandsons T-ball game before getting home. Spent the day yesterday at the house rehab then a grandson’s basketball game last night.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Morning folks!

I managed to get out to the track for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Practice days sure aren't what the used to be at the speedway

469879af1e12343872460b1b7b8bcbb7.jpg
    dca2dc9f4c489e049184bf8e2dbe3cc6.jpg
    cb392b6720182da6be6893689fa97188.jpg

You're finding your 'eye' ! :thumbsup:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think you could find that the receiving FFL might, as a matter of their store policy, have issue with a gun shipped to Dad Smith being picked up Son Smith. The 4473 deals with this as an issue of repairs not new ownership.

I’m not positive of the exact legalities involved here and I am a fan of the path of the least resistance so - gift/cash card.

I hope to be at my FFL today. I’ll ask him.
    I definitely think this could come into play here.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Don’t think I posted it here but this was last range trip from 8-9 yds with the Mac 9 ds and Amazon special 50 buck red dot. The group in the 2 was first group of day and the one by thumb was last group. I think I shot about 100 rds total through it thst trip
    IMG_5942.jpeg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you are buying it online and having shipped directly to you son’s ffl i would think you could call tell the shipping dealer your plan. the 4473 will be filled out by your son and he will be the “purchaser” even if you paid for it. The other way is get your son a gift certificate to buy the gun himself.
    He's going to contact his FFL out there and ask.
    I could buy or build him an upper and sent it to him. Then gift him money towards a lower.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning all. Haven’t had the time to thank Rick and Barb for their hospitality and letting me stay in their home. Was great to see everyone again. Was able to run the Canik TTI and was hitting steel at 80 yards with little effort. I did make a Pantless Highway delivery on the 3 hour drive back north and was able to make grandsons T-ball game before getting home. Spent the day yesterday at the house rehab then a grandson’s basketball game last night.
    You sir, are a busy man. Thank you again for supplying bourbon and the use of your phone to diagnose my hearing aids. Spoke to Verizon yesterday and they seemed VERY interested to solve my problem since I've been dealing with it for the better part of 3 months and I mentioned Patriot Mobile. "Normally this kind of issue requires a couple weeks to get the right people on it but we'll call you Tuesday. "

And thank you for repatriating he muffins and ham. I don't think we'll be needing any more leftovers for a while.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Today, I cleaned guns,and put-away stuff that had dried out in the living room.
    This photo made me think good thoughts about everyone.
    (Thanks for being our photographer, 88' ..... great captures) @88E30M50

(click for BIG)
    SGE-2024-X2.jpg

My thanks to RP for doing the high-speed capture of my .500 Smith.
    I've never seen the compensator signature before ! @Reece'sPieces

500%20copy-S.jpg

The Bandit already noted the somber, fatherly look from DM as he was instructing us in CZ safety, and manipulation. We were awestruck ! :D @ditcherman

SGE%202024%20Matt-M.jpg

I sure hope that I don't have to use purple, DM.
    R said that he found a new friend ..... that's the highest praise ! @patience0830
    Welcome to the nuthouse.
    And welcome to RP also.

I took one pitiful photo .... with my cell phone on the drive in.
    These turkeys led me on a slow roll to the cabin. I loved every minute during, and from then on !

SGE%202024%20turkeys-L.jpg

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Morning CZers…. :coffee:
    First pool party of the season with my Iraqi brother in arms. Lots of bourbon flowed last night. Their 8# alarm clock woke me up, a Boston terrier that is always bouncing off the walls. Yes, I’m a responsible bourbon drinker, they keep the spare bedroom ready for us.
    Now…. Wondering if his wife will convince me for a morning swim, the pool is 87, BUT the outside temp is not!!!!
    We’ll see if the bacon and coffee change my mind…..
    :bacondance::bacondance:……:coffee::coffee:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good morning :coffee:

We’ve got our Area track meet today. Think of it like Conference for Special Olympics. And my oldest WANTS to go with me and volunteer. I’ve been very impressed with his wanting to help and his character around the athletes for a 12 year old. He’s growing into an amazing young man.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Good morning :coffee:

We’ve got our Area track meet today. Think of it like Conference for Special Olympics. And my oldest WANTS to go with me and volunteer. I’ve been very impressed with his wanting to help and his character around the athletes for a 12 year old. He’s growing into an amazing young man.
    They hold a special place for me. I taught special ed for a decade before transitioning into higher education. I still provide respite care for a young man twice a week that is heavily involved in Special Olympics. He is in a sport every season. He skipped track this year but is bowling. I’ve spent plenty weekends at basketball and softball events with them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Morning everyone, I got back from McCoy last night around 9pm, thirty day mission complete. We started the event with 157 competitors and after a week of testing we had 31 earn either an Expert Infantry Badge, Soldier Badge, or Field Medical Badge. They first had to pass the PT test, then day/night land navigation and then complete a series of 30 tasks throughout the week with no more than 1 mistake per with a successful re-test within the 3 days of lanes testing.

One of the tasks I graded was the grenade ID and grenade throw station. This is one of the more subjective tasks as sometimes a bit of luck comes into play with either either a good or bad bounce or roll contributing to the outcome. Throwers need to have a dummy fuzed M67 explode within the 15m circle from 35m away. It can actually be a bit difficult as grenades weigh about 14oz compares to a comparable size baseball at 5oz. If they get a good throw there then they move to a bunker and chuck one in but nobody failed that part.

nNumRPpl.jpg

Of the 31 successful candidates, those that went the entire three days with no mistakes got to be brought in to the ceremony in a Blackhawk which was pretty neat.

eorWywFl.jpg

2MfIz6Zl.jpg

Top Bottom