The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think I’ve come to realize that funding the prodigy is like keeping an exotic pet, you may be able to buy it up front but the real cost comes from the upkeep.

On that note I’ve returned to considering a p01, I’d probably be able to get something pretty sweet in a straight trade, no?

If anyone knows someone who would be open to that trade, send them my way.. ;)

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good morning. The anniversary went comically bad for the first half of the day but otherwise was wonderful, Ale Emporium on Geist had some awful service, only let us order appetizers before taking our menus and we didn’t see our waitress until she came back with the check, and most of our plans didn’t work out due to time constraints. We still had fun though, and got to have a laugh about the day which is always nice.
    So on the Prodigy is it mag costs, additional upgrades you want to do costs, just not what you wanted? Just curious. Since it's 9mm not expecting it to be the cost of just running it.

I personally so far am staying away from the 2011 stuff but recently jumped into the Sig SAO's as a relatively lesser $ gun, but on par with the Prodigy I'd say for initial cost. The 2011 stuff seems to be a rabbit hole.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    So on the Prodigy is it mag costs, additional upgrades you want to do costs, just not what you wanted? Just curious. Since it's 9mm not expecting it to be the cost of just running it.

I personally so far am staying away from the 2011 stuff but recently jumped into the Sig SAO's as a relatively lesser $ gun, but on par with the Prodigy I'd say for initial cost. The 2011 stuff seems to be a rabbit hole.
    Generally it just doesn’t check some boxes as far as a do-it-all gun. The weight and size are the main issues with me for carrying sake. Neither are terrible, but not good enough. Empty it’s 33 oz if I remember correctly, and about half an inch longer vertically and horizontally. Width wise it’s about .2 inches wider as well.

Cost is also certainly up there with size and weight. Good mags are expensive and cheap mags aren’t cheap enough to justify getting them. If you want to swap the grip module you could spend $300 just for it to not fit. Mechanical parts I can usually justify the price tag on because you’re improving your reliability and functionality, yadda yadda. With the prodigy in specific I think I went into it expecting it to be perfect in the ways I need it to be, and it’s not. It’s an amazing gun and a joy to shoot but where I paid for the bells and whistles I ended up lacking every day usability. Ironic when you’re talking about a budget 2011 option, I know.

Also the lack of a metal frame, so doesn’t double as a hammer. That was the (lack of) a nail in the coffin. ;)

Just my :twocents:.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Generally it just doesn’t check some boxes as far as a do-it-all gun. The weight and size are the main issues with me for carrying sake. Neither are terrible, but not good enough. Empty it’s 33 oz if I remember correctly, and about half an inch longer vertically and horizontally. Width wise it’s about .2 inches wider as well.

Cost is also certainly up there with size and weight. Good mags are expensive and cheap mags aren’t cheap enough to justify getting them. If you want to swap the grip module you could spend $300 just for it to not fit. Mechanical parts I can usually justify the price tag on because you’re improving your reliability and functionality, yadda yadda. With the prodigy in specific I think I went into it expecting it to be perfect in the ways I need it to be, and it’s not. It’s an amazing gun and a joy to shoot but where I paid for the bells and whistles I ended up lacking every day usability. Ironic when you’re talking about a budget 2011 option, I know.

Also the lack of a metal frame, so doesn’t double as a hammer. That was the (lack of) a nail in the coffin. ;)

Just my :twocents:.
    Oh, absolutely, I have 0 interest in carrying a 2011 of any sort, so I can certainly understand that. I was just curious what was different than you thought, so great explanation and makes sense.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Here is a link, as requested by a secret CZicko.

Not exactly a budget friendly EDC :spend:

:cool:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I was thinking @stale_ranch should consider a P07. Yes, polymer frame but very accurate, 15 round in flush mag, easy to get plus 2 base pads or 17 round mags, good all around pistol that is easy to carry and also works well as a bedside/HD firearm. Also has a rail if you like a WML, DA/SA that you can run with a safety or decocker and the omega trigger is not bad out of the box and gets better with age and can be upgraded with Cajun goodies! Best of all should be able to find used for $350-400 with a few extras now that the P-09c is out. If wanted could get milled for an optic locally at a very reasonable price (allenM!). Not the fanciest of pistols but could have a very nice EDC/HD/range pistol for under $600.

Just my :twocents:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    I was thinking @stale_ranch should consider a P07. Yes, polymer frame but very accurate, 15 round in flush mag, easy to get plus 2 base pads or 17 round mags, good all around pistol that is easy to carry and also works well as a bedside/HD firearm. Also has a rail if you like a WML, DA/SA that you can run with a safety or decocker and the omega trigger is not bad out of the box and gets better with age and can be upgraded with Cajun goodies! Best of all should be able to find used for $350-400 with a few extras now that the P-09c is out. If wanted could get milled for an optic locally at a very reasonable price (allenM!). Not the fanciest of pistols but could have a very nice EDC/HD/range pistol for under $600.

Just my :twocents:
    Had one before, sold it to Jayco actually. It’s too thin to fit comfortably in my hands, I really appreciate having the swappable grips. I also like the trigger more, don’t know if it’s because of the metal frame or if it’s just placebo but, yeah.

Top Bottom