The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What a great day this is. I ran down to HHRP to run some rounds through 'Bill', a DW CCO and my P10C. I've been working on my grip and think that I have improved it a bit. I was managing recoil much better than normally today.

'Bill' was a joy to shoot as it always is. It definitely packs a wallop on whatever it hits. That little .45 is no slouch either. Nice and soft on recoil and oh, so easy to shoot. The P10C was run only after everything else was out of ammo, so it felt like shooting a .22

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Either you know or you don't know or think you know but don't know or you could think you don't know but know.

I know. That is all I know.

unknown.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    As usual Scheels tempted me, they had a nice SKB 90TSS O/U trap gun for 999.00 and a like new DW Valor in stainless for 1399.00 but I held off. I actually went there to look at a used CZ 75 they've had for awhile for 450.00 but of course the day I go to pick it up it's gone.

This seems about right. Had you not decided then it would have been there a few more months.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I see a lot of corn still in the field .... will this rain make it tough to bring it in ?
    Historically speaking, according to the calendar you should still see a lot of corn out.

Soybeans are a lot more weather dependent to get harvested as the pods and grain readily soak up moisture, from a light dew to any rain, and have to be dry to be threshed. Most of the soybeans are already harvested, there will be windows to get what's left in, but if they're not in yet I would be worried about finding that window and making it happen.

Corn's limiting factor is really how muddy the field is and how bad you want to tear it up making tracks or ruts. rain doesn't really affect the grain. Snow on the corn leaves can plug and freeze in the separator of your combine so snow is a problem.

It feels like we are way ahead of the usual progress, the old goal is to maybe be done by thanksgiving but that has been moving up lately, we've been done 4-7 days before thanksgiving for the last few years. It would take a lot of bad weather to keep us from getting done by thanksgiving this year, and I think most are in the same position.

In this area, despite the dry weather the yields are good but the corn is very slow to dry down naturally, the dryers are working overtime and there are long lines at elevators and that will probably get worse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom