The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My new wheel gun is home too! No box, but came with a holster! Holster seems well made and its my size! A Sportsman, I googled briefly and found no info. I know this is a little modern for him (1968 manufacture date) but if @Leadeye knows anything would love to learn.
    View attachment 350520View attachment 350521View attachment 350522View attachment 350523View attachment 350524View attachment 350525

Just back from the range and it’s a shooter!

View attachment 350526
    View attachment 350527
    What a wonderful acquisition ... with a brilliant write up with lots of photos AND a range report.

This is also a wonderful acquisition ... with a picture of a plastic box ... and some shoes ...

Compare and contrast.

My fellow Czickos, I submit that the former is how we should all be posting information for the rest to ogle over, while the latter is … well … this may sound harsh, but the latter is almost a waste of electrons.

We need to hold each other to a higher standard ... show us the firearm, not just the box!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My new wheel gun is home too! No box, but came with a holster! Holster seems well made and its my size! A Sportsman, I googled briefly and found no info. I know this is a little modern for him (1968 manufacture date) but if @Leadeye knows anything would love to learn.
    View attachment 350520View attachment 350521View attachment 350522View attachment 350523View attachment 350524View attachment 350525

Just back from the range and it’s a shooter!

View attachment 350526
    View attachment 350527
    Great revolver! Your holster and belt I can't help much with, although I find two holsters like it on Ebay with no marking other than Sportsman. The rig is what's known as a drop rig as opposed to a belt rig. It places the holster lower down than the belt.

The holster looks like a Hunter, which used the name Sportsman as one of their models, but you should find their distinctive trademark of a powder horn somewhere on it.

The rig looks to be in good condition and you will get a lot of years service out of it, best of luck with it and your new Colt.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Great revolver! Your holster and belt I can't help much with, although I find two holsters like it on Ebay with no marking other than Sportsman. The rig is what's known as a drop rig as opposed to a belt rig. It places the holster lower down than the belt.

The holster looks like a Hunter, which used the name Sportsman as one of their models, but you should find their distinctive trademark of a powder horn somewhere on it.

The rig looks to be in good condition and you will get a lot of years service out of it, best of luck with it and your new Colt.
    Thanks LE, I will look for the powder horn!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    hey, I'm up late because it's WEEKEND .... that's what people do right ? Stay up late ?
    My wife still goes to bed at 9 PM on Friday, because she's been up since 5 AM, and worked all week .... that's understandable.
    But I like to be WILD .... so I think I'll stay up until 1 AM. :evilangel:
    I was up late last night too with some libations, hanging out in the room with a buddy while he watched hockey. This older than me crusty SF tabbed 1SG came down to the room to visit and then chastised every beer I pulled out of my cooler like 'you're drinking Red Stripe on purpose' lol, then my Modelo, I was afraid to pull the Blue Moon Light out lol, but he had a big glass of scotch so he was probably a hater anyway.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom