The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just a tad difference in size.

737048da87a5a3e36ad6ef4540153bb4.jpg

The HP has an operator class feel to it in build quality. The Epson feels a little more like “please be nice to me” quality.

If I can’t get it setup, I’ll be calling one of you IT guys. :-)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Three of my AR500 targets fell. The treated lumber finally gave up after 20+ years of use lol. Think I'll get decent T post hangers this time and drive a few T posts this time around.
    Cheaper, and faster.
    This storm is wrecking havoc on my old range, but it's filling up my cistern. :)
    Love my t post stuff. Only downside is it doesn’t move easily to set up different scenarios, but I have enough stands to do that stuff.
    Make it Ring has some great t post hangers for individual targets and also tube.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Love my t post stuff. Only downside is it doesn’t move easily to set up different scenarios, but I have enough stands to do that stuff.
    Make it Ring has some great t post hangers for individual targets and also tube.

I'll have to check into those hangers for T posts, my old wood hangers are also reaching the end. T posts I have a lot of, one of the small pieces of ground I bought has them all over the place, I just take the tractor, high lift jack, chain and go foraging.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'll have to check into those hangers for T posts, my old wood hangers are also reaching the end. T posts I have a lot of, one of the small pieces of ground I bought has them all over the place, I just take the tractor, high lift jack, chain and go foraging.
    They look like little elephants.
    IMG_7387.jpeg
    These are just plain hanger types, but they have them for a DOM crosstube to hang multiple targets too.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I do chain hang, so this looks like it will work for me. Sun, lead spall, and old age wears on the wood stands I have and eventually the bolts tear out of the wood or the wood collapses..
    T-dogg and I have quite a bit of stuff from them. Small business up in Michigan (IIRC). Always quick shipping and fair prices.

He runs some good sales from time to time.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just a tad difference in size.

737048da87a5a3e36ad6ef4540153bb4.jpg

The HP has an operator class feel to it in build quality. The Epson feels a little more like “please be nice to me” quality.

If I can’t get it setup, I’ll be calling one of you IT guys. :-)
    I have that Epson, works fine, you have to download the scanning app but it's not too bad.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have that Epson, works fine, you have to download the scanning app but it's not too bad.
    Getting it up and running was simple and is seems to be functioning fine. Reasonably fast enough. Louder than the laser and the text quality isn't as sharp as the laser - but you would expect that.

The screen is VERY SMALL and I can't read it without my reading glasses. lol!

Hopefully, the ink cost will make-up for the slight degradation in print quality from the laser.

It is not a complete apples to apples comparison though. That laser was $500ish well over ten years (?) and the Epson was $330 today.

CZ!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom