• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Rusty and I had a great time today at the range. I verified all my 75 series guns functioned properly after the CGW upgrades and boy did they deliver, the DA is down right enjoyable in those now. That is money well spent. My new to me P-09 shot really well, so well I would say it is easier to be accurate with it than the others. I am just amazed at the way that gun just eats up all the recoil out of 9mm, not that 9mm has a lot of recoil anyways, but it still just soaks it all up and really makes a damn enjoyable package to shoot. I also enjoyed shooting Rusty's TCM, it's really cool to shoot, and love that it's so easy to work the slide. Once he gets the rear sight adjusted and dialed in he should be a lot happier.

So after today I confirmed that I will be mainly focusing on getting the P-09 upgrades, a TLR-1 light, and holster for that setup. I'm going to spend some time over the next few weeks slowly polishing up the internals on the other CZs. And last I will replenish the ammo supply. I really don't have any serious needs in regards to new handguns right now, so going to focus on enjoying the ones I have as I'm really really happy with my current fleet.
    Glad you like your P-09 I new that you would with that being said the P-07 with upgrades is amazing also.psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thinking about hitting the range again today. My GF's daughter and son want to shoot the AR-15, which I haven't shot in about a year. Need to take it out and have some fun :D

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hopefully BA or one of the others with more experience with chime in.
    I own all three but the compact I have is Cajunized, the other two are stock.

The compact is a manual safety so stock the trigger will be a little smoother than the decocker models (PCR & P01). The compact is also all steel so a little heavier than the PCR & P01 which have an alloy frame. Speaking of triggers, stock the omega is the way to go, then a manual safety then the decocker models. To be honest, after a good amount of rounds through any of them the triggers become real smooth.

The compact is easier to shoot less felt recoil (if you are recoil sensitive, not much of a difference really) and the PCR has low profile sights which are harder for me to see.
    The main difference between the P01 and the Compact is the P01 has a rail and alloy frame.

I like shooting the compact and will carry the P01 and PCR until I figure which I like best. The P01 will probably become my nightstand gun with a light attached.

By the way without getting a full Cajun treatment you can put a lighter hammer spring in (simple and easy to do) and it will lighten the trigger pull. A good inexpensive mod until you can get fully Cajunized.

Thanks... I might have to be careful about a lighter hammer spring, as I plan to use a Kadet 2 upper on it, as well. I need to chat with David at CGW.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks... I might have to be careful about a lighter hammer spring, as I plan to use a Kadet 2 upper on it, as well. I need to chat with David at CGW.

I used a Kadet kit on my 75B after it was Cajunized and had some issues. Some rounds had to be hit twice. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay, after serious consultations with the Wizard some decisions have been made. My problem was that I really love the Beast but will not carry it in it current configuration (SAO). I just don't trust myself to successfully sweep off that little safety in a moment of need. Anyway, I want to get more use out of the gun because I really like it. So, we have decided to change the 75B that has the Fastfire to SAO, which makes sense, and return the Beast to DA/SA. This way I can carry the Beast most days and it will save the wear and tear on the satin nickel compact or the Omega. I can't carry at work so the gun I bring with me sits in the car most of the time. No use subjecting either of those two guns to the daily banging in and out when the Beast is perfectly suited for such abuse. ;) Plus, I won't have to spend any money on parts since they will be easily swapped between one gun and the other. The only thing I will need is another set of those super wammerdine sights to put on the Beast.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have no idea what you just said, but I'm glad it works for you. :D OK, I think I do. ;)

I may want to put some good sights on the omega.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Okay, after serious consultations with the Wizard some decisions have been made. My problem was that I really love the Beast but will not carry it in it current configuration (SAO). I just don't trust myself to successfully sweep off that little safety in a moment of need. Anyway, I want to get more use out of the gun because I really like it. So, we have decided to change the 75B that has the Fastfire to SAO, which makes sense, and return the Beast to DA/SA. This way I can carry the Beast most days and it will save the wear and tear on the satin nickel compact or the Omega. I can't carry at work so the gun I bring with me sits in the car most of the time. No use subjecting either of those two guns to the daily banging in and out when the Beast is perfectly suited for such abuse. ;) Plus, I won't have to spend any money on parts since they will be easily swapped between one gun and the other. The only thing I will need is another set of those super wammerdine sights to put on the Beast.

Sounds reasonable to me :)

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

He make my head hurt!!!;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom